Firearms Talk banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I will have to start shooting the 17HM2. It is cheaper than 22lr.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
How much ammo should I stock up when prices are normal ? I shoot a couple of times a month. Should I have a year's supply or just how much should I have on hand ?
If money is tight, stockpile .22lr to keep you shooting when prices are high and ammo is hard to find. Otherwise, 2-3 year supply works well to get through the spells like now.

Reactions: Rifling82

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I got an email today "Ammo in stock". Prices were shocking. Steel case 9mm Russian ammo was 60 cents a round. You can still find 7.62x39 for 40 cents. 5.56/223 a buck or more. 22lr was 20 cents for bulk hp. The LGS are cheaper.
I can find 17HM2 in stock at 16 cents a round. I have about 3K of it so I wont be buying any.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Been really frustrating trying to get bullets to load subs for my 300blk. I just finished my AR this summer, had plenty of 125gr bullets on hand, then I ordered my suppressor... Have Barry’s 220gr on notifications from midway and the last 3 times I’ve gotten the email they’re in stock and I click the link that day, they’re already gone.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Been a watchin Moonshiners! I might make enough to finance some ammo. Anybody in the trading mood. Actually not but like the sentiment.
Will trade Ammo for toilet paper? Ammo for groceries? Ammo fer vee-hik-cle-s? Mow your grass fer five boxes of ammo?
Recon how much Jack Black you can get for a case of ammo in Lynchburg or vice verse How much ammo can you get fer two bottles of Sipping whiskey?

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
I have a lot of 7.62x54. Wonder if I can trade for a nice yacht

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Been a watchin Moonshiners! I might make enough to finance some ammo. Anybody in the trading mood. Actually not but like the sentiment.
Will trade Ammo for toilet paper? Ammo for groceries? Ammo fer vee-hik-cle-s? Mow your grass fer five boxes of ammo?
Recon how much Jack Black you can get for a case of ammo in Lynchburg or vice verse How much ammo can you get fer two bottles of Sipping whiskey?
Ammo for whiskey? Your asking "hypothetically"? Or are you saying your willing to trade ammo for whiskey? My collection is not a joke. Serious offers only!!!.
IMG_5271.jpg
IMG_5270.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Interesting. But... One, its specific to who its signed to... Two, is that a metallic marker used to date a 1953 signature?

·
Premium Member
4,855 Posts
My wife waited on Angelo regularly when she worked at Corky's BBQ in Memphis. Had the bottle so she got him to sign it to me. He died a month or two later. Angelo was Jack Daniel's first sales rep and legend has it he introduced Frank Sinatra to Jack. Supposedly one of the tougher special editions to find made tougher with it signed by Angelo. Don't know what he signed it with, looks like one of those markers used on dark pictures. 1953 was the year Angelo went to work for JD. I registered it by phone call and the guy on the other end said I had a real special one

Personally I'm a George Dickel fan

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
My wife waited on Angelo regularly when she worked at Corky's BBQ in Memphis. Had the bottle so she got him to sign it to me. He died a month or two later. Angelo was Jack Daniel's first sales rep and legend has it he introduced Frank Sinatra to Jack. Supposedly one of the tougher special editions to find made tougher with it signed by Angelo. Don't know what he signed it with, looks like one of those markers used on dark pictures. 1953 was the year Angelo went to work for JD. I registered it by phone call and the guy on the other end said I had a real special one

Personally I'm a George Dickel fan
Interested, PM me.. Interesting story. Any documentation??

·
Premium Member
4,855 Posts
Not that I was desperate but Bass Pro has 40 gr. Sig Sauer 22-250 in stock for 22.99 a box of 20. Free shipping. Just bought 5 boxes. Would have bought more but I'm used to 50 gr.

Decent price, idiots have been paying $1.50 - 2.50 a round for this caliber on Brokegunner and paying for shipping.

If you need any 22-250 don't waste any time. This caliber has been tough to find

Thank you Ammoseek.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts