No Ammo in stock

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by windjammer69, Oct 12, 2020.

1. windjammer69

windjammer69 Well-Known Member

I check the national chain stores because from time to time they get shipments in.
    But I just got the biggest LOL. One that I will not name just sent me a notice that they wher dropping the limit restrictions, and free shipping. This also pops up on their website, but they have absolutely no ammo in stock. No handgun, no rifle, no rimfire, and almost no shotgun, I am just in stitches from laughing so much.

BamaChad and Rifling82 like this.
  2. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Ammo is out there, try an ammo search site like ammoseek.com

I found some 40S&W JHP for 41 cents a round. You just have to be at the right place at the right time. I bought 300 rounds wiping them out. Not that I was desperate but I carry a 40 so why not ?

3. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

I just picked up another 1000 rounds of CCI online earlier today.
    Getting a bit more pricey now. $.14 per round Delivered. Two boxes of these.
    110580.jpg

BamaChad and Rifling82 like this.
  4. BamaChad

BamaChad Member

I was in Academy yesterday and they were fairly well stocked on 5.56, 7.62, 9mm, 45 and others. I'm seeing more and more on the shelves here in North Alabama. 40 s&w has stayed on the shelves here the entire time of this shortage. Not popular here it seems. Same with 44 and 357

Caveman Jim and PANDEMIC like this.
  5. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

You must not have many gun owners there in North Alabama if your seeing that much popular ammo lying around and untouched. Here in Texas, finding a box of 9mm or .223/5.56 is like finding a golden nugget.

BamaChad, windjammer69 and slow_burn like this.
  6. windjammer69

windjammer69 Well-Known Member

I went on a trip across Southern Missouri and there was no 9s, 223s,556, or 22 Lr at any of the sports stores, Paducah, Sikeston, Springfield, Branson.

BamaChad and PANDEMIC like this.
  7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Academy wont ship low stock or popular ammo so customers that dont have access to a store are SOL. I get in stock but shipping not available.

BamaChad likes this.
  8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I found some locally, but they want $42.00 plus tax for white box 9mm. I would throw my guns in the river before I paid that kind of scalped price. It would tickle me to see someone break into the place and steal every box. One thief stealing from another. A sure way to get pegged as a newbie shooter is walk into a shop around here and ask if they have any 9MM.

7point62, locutus, Diesel3 and 2 others like this.
  9. BamaChad

BamaChad Member

Plenty of gun owners here. The stuff on the shelves yesterday certainly won't be there today. I was just surprised to see it sit on the shelves for more than a few minutes.

PANDEMIC likes this.
  10. Sportsman2020

Sportsman2020 New Member

It’s crazy these days. So many places are just always sold out. It seems like there are two options now: get lucky at a large retailer to get decent prices, or buy online for crazy high prices. It's crazy enough that I built a tool to help find the lowest stuff I can: BulletBuyer ( https://bulletbuyer.com ). It's still high pricing, but at least it's available haha. It compiles the cheapest, name-brand ammo listings from top-rated sellers, and updates the listings every few minutes. I built it for myself, but decided to open it up if it helps anybody else. Maybe some folks here can find it helpful as well.

11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

There are several search engines on the web for locating ammo. Usually when you follow their leads to a seller it is either "out of stock" or the cost, or the cost of shipping is outrageous. I have quit beating myself up looking for the stuff. I am just slowing down on shooting, or shooting calibers that I have plenty of.

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  12. Oldoutlaw

All I am basically doing is watching Target Sports. I joined their Prime Ammo months ago. I just check notify on any caliber or brand I am looking for.
    When it comes in they advise me. Usually I see it quicker than that.

Prime ammo cost $99.00. But, we get at least a 8% lower price. Plus, free shipping on even one box of ammo. I have really saved a lot of dollars so far.

13. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I sure am glad that all I need to do for more ammo is go out in my shop and make all I want for any gun I have.

locutus and AgedWarrior like this.
  14. Diesel3

Diesel3 Member

I joined PrimeAmmo as well, hoping it was gonna be a good thing.
    Targetsportsusa prices are just as inflated, if not more so, than every other distributor on the net. Most of the time you can find cheaper prices on GunBroker.
    Disappointed

15. Oldoutlaw

Too bad for you! No, they are not. I call BS, at least for what I am buying at the moment. Plus a bit of a number of pistol calibers for HD I did not stock up on. I learned 12-15 years ago to stock up then ahead of all these shortages and I did. Did you? Or are you one of those who buy a box at Walmart on the way to the range. Sure sounds like you are.
    I have bought CCi 22lr that I had not even stocked up on over the years because I only had one gun. Now I have three. Two rifles and a target pistol most recently. My CCI Mini Mags have been only $.11 per round from TargetSports lately. Oh, and yes, another 2000 rounds on the way here. That is ONLY about $.03 per round more. You just try to find that price per round for the same on Gun Broker.
    You guys that suddenly need ammo are most of the blame for shortages.
    Now don't cry, buy if you have to have it.

Rifling82 likes this.
  16. Diesel3

Diesel3 Member

Chill tf out.
    I purchased new weapons in new calibers and need new types of ammunition.
    Christ dude take a quaalude.

17. Oldoutlaw

Nope! I don't need too. Your problem with weapons and ammo you speak of is your own problem. Not mine. You are just another Newbie that waited too darned long to do that.

Oh, and i will add this to you. You sound like a true non-believer. However, I do believe in Jesus Christ. Even if you slander him with your cursing him. That just shows me how you really are.

So, just STFU up and enjoy your new gun ammo problems like a good little Demoncrat!!!! :mad::mad:

18. Diesel3

Diesel3 Member

Obviously struck a nerve.....snowflake

19. Oldoutlaw

Nope. Not a Snowflake. If anyone is, it is you. Just read and look in a mirror. When you get old enough to even realize what is going on, You WILL get a better attitude,

20. Diesel3

Diesel3 Member

Definitely entertaining