NJ hi-cap mag ban?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by ravenslay3r, Oct 28, 2007.

1. ravenslay3r

ravenslay3r New Member

My friend just told me her b/f got a "Glock 17" with a 10+1 capacity. That model should be a 9mm with a standard 17 round capacity.

Is there a 10-round magazine limit in Jersey? Or did someone just mis-communicate? Both seem highly likely....

2. Bidah

Bidah New Member

Yep, and no hollowpoint ammunition either.

-Bidah

3. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

You may be able to buy repair parts for your existing hi-cap mags though. ;)

4. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

If you buy a high cap mag body, and a high cap mag spring, then assemble them, you're still evil, according to the state of NJ. You can't do that either. Just a heads up. Most companies like Brownell's, that sell high cap mag bodies, won't ship even the disassembled body to Jersey, DC or NYC.

5. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Crappy. You can buy "repair parts" in California and it is legal to posses the mags, just not to buy or sell them.

6. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I hated NJ when I lived there and the gun laws had a lot to do with it! Being a "country boy" I had no idea how bad some other states are and I took a lot for granted. I lived in some of the most restrictive, CA, HI and NJ. I love being back in Vermont! Take care.