Nj banning .22's and hi caps?!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by FernandoTheCommando, May 7, 2014.

1. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...s-22-Rifle-Ban-Magazine-Ban-By-Vote-Of-3-to-2

Just read this. Feel sorry for the Nj and Connecticut folk. I'm obviously preaching to the choir, but people in the north east better step it up before they ban firearms completely in this area. What a shame. I need to hustle somewhere south of the mason Dixon line before every gun I own becomes a felony to posses. How ridiculous. And no, I'm not in new jersey, but rhode island is sandwiched way too close to these states. Luckily our gun laws (except for ccw being "may issue") have stayed half way decent so far. We have a strong group of freedom supporters that attend every meeting at the statehouse and have been able to keep the bans out of our state.

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

It's not a done deal. Question: If the legislature passes that anti-gun bill will Christie sign it into law?

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If he does, he can forget 2016.

4. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Still, the fact that it's even being presented to the legislature is absolutely ridiculous.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

They say it in response to the Arizona shooting? Really timely. That was how long ago now?

This is an example to gun owners who have may have said in the past "sure, why not ban 'assault weapons'? They aren't touching my hunting rifles." This is why. Because they can go back and expand an incorrect definition to fit any other gun they want.

Now, Mr. Fudd, kindly turn in your Marlin model 60 squirrel assault rifle.

6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Two female state legislator's talking over coffee:

"What if some crazy person decides to shoot us?

"You mean like Gabrielle Giffords?"

"Yeah."

"OMG, that's scary. Maybe we should do something."

"I know! Let's ban those thingys that shoot the bullets!"

"Yeah, magazine clip round shooter capacity automatic guns."

"Wow, you really know all that stuff!"

"I've done my homework. Hey, you wanna smoke some more crack before we go back to work?"

"Okay. It may help my hangover."

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It seems like NJ would let a sleeping dog lie. Citizens of NY & CT are not turning in their guns. Who is going to turn in the Model 60 grandpa gave them 30 years ago?

8. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

If that RINO throws his hat in the ring in 2016, the NRA will bury him. ;)

9. FernandoTheCommando

Is that so? I'm surprised I havent seen much about the nra dealing with this proposed ban in new jersey. What makes you think they will bury Christie in 2016? I think the citizens of jersey are just going to "go with it" and either turn in their guns, or do what many in ct and ny have done by not registering.

10. FernandoTheCommando

Disgusting isn't it how clueless people are?!

11. TDS92A

Good point! I admit that I have not seen or heard anything from the NRA about this either. Perhaps they are laying in wait for him to announce that he is running.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

Yes he will. He is very excited to show his solidarity with the anti second amendment forces.The will say good things about him on tv and thats all he cares about

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

FWIW, he has a "C" rating from the NRA. Not exactly confidence inspiring.
    Then of course there's this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/chris-christie-gets-a-taste-of-the-tough-politics-of-gun-con

14. TDS92A

Christie is a Republican and he spells it D E M O C R A T.

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

In the minds of the old Line, Thurstan Howell Dinner Party & Golf Club Republicans, Christie is nearly their perfect candidate. Essentially a Democrat-Lite. Unfortunately, they still haven't realized that he, and those like him are sure recipe for failure. Democrats will always vote for the real thing and conservatives would rather stay home. They are still ashamed of conservative voters. Sorry NJ, but I hope he stays there. We don't need another middle-of-the-road, squishy speed bump Republican in the race (Huntsman is expressing interest in having another go at it. He's squishy enough for any 3 other Republicans.)

16. Cnon

Cnon Member

He sure is a RINO.....................

Cnon

17. Holmes375

Holmes375 New Member

Frog in the pot, turnin' up the heat just a little bit at a time....

18. 1563621

1563621 New Member

Jeez, Thanks, I know the NRA has given up on NJ. Look at how many XDs and other double stacks are in the hands of the bloods and crips! Poor babies will have to turn them in! YEAH RIGHT! They are making felons out of legal gun owners. My XD with the 13 rounders are staying right where they are! As well as my 22s with 15 rd. mags. Christie will not sign it! I hope!.

19. 1563621

1563621 New Member

By the way, Us in NJ have been emailing our senators, But has not helped.

20. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

If Christie is smart, he will look at what is going on in CT and NY before he signs this into law. I have a feeling that a lot of NY Congresspeople will be on the unemployment rolls as of November. If he pays attention to what is going on elsewhere, he will see how well similar bans are going, and what the political fallout that follows will result in.