Nitrex Scopes

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Missileman, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Anyone have any experience with/opinions on Nitrex scopes, made for Weaver in Japan? Natchez has a good sale on them...

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

When I was looking for a scope a while back, some folks here touted them to me. They're supposed to be an excellent scope for a good price.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What CA said is all I have heard. I have a hard time topping my rifle with a wal-mart scope.

4. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Walmart scopes? Don't think so!!!!

Can't attest to the Nitrex TR1s, but own a couple of the discontinued model TR2s purchased from Natchez Shooters Supplies One is a TR2 3-15x42 SF and other is a 4-20x50 SF. Both are basically Weaver SuperSlam scopes, having same Japanese optics and internals as them. Excellent optics in them that are very clear/bright and windage adjustments track well. With Nitrex rebate of $100 and Natchez discounted pricing, both scopes were a darn good buy for a quality scope. Rebate program should have ended Dec 31.

Both scopes are mounted on centerfire rifles and my fellow shooters at range that have sat down with my rifles to critique the Nitrex scopes have been very impressed with them.

Check this 14 page thread on Nitrex by Weaver on sale! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

that should enlighten you on about most questions you can have on Nitrex scopes. Yes, its a rimfire gun site, but they also own centerfire rifles too.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Yes walmart scopes. I seen them in walmart right next to the centerpoints and BSA's.

Why not just buy the weaver to start with.

Don't get em wrong weaver makes good scopes. But for the money I believe there are better scopes out there.

6. CA357

When I was looking for my last scope, I looked very carefully at the Nitrex line and several brands. I went with a Bushnell Trophy XLT scope from Natchez. The price was outstanding and it's an impressive piece of glass.

My favorite scopes for years have been Nikons, but for what I wanted I couldn't find a better scope for the price. I think Nikon is still one of the best inexpensive/moderately priced scopes on the market. So take a look at the Pro-Staff line, you may be able to find some on sale.

7. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Perhaps Nitrex/weaver scopes were stocked in Walmart once.....but having 3 Walmarts within 25 minutes of my home...all supermarts and one that still sells rifles, I've never seen them there. Check Walmart.com and you'll not find Nitrex scopes listed on their site. Some Weaver Grand Slam scopes are listed, however they are shown to not be stocked in their stores.

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

CA, What do you think of that XLT scope? I put a 3-9x40mm on my sons new rifle. Cabelas is still having a sale on the package deal. I was really impressed w/ it at low light/ moonlight. Granted, my sons 6.5x55 has no real recoil, but this scope seems pretty good for the $$. Can you say night coyote hunting!!! Legal here for a few winter months every year. I gotta get some more 100gr loaded up!!!
    Maybe we will just burn up the cheap cup and core 140's I have.

MM here is a link!! Scope is 1/2 price + extras..
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat104752080;cat104535180

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  9. CA357

It's on the Eddystone. I haven't been to the range with it since I put the new scope on and installed the Huber trigger. Hopefully we'll get a halfway decent day this week and I'll let you know.