Nikon vs leupold

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by dreweB, Oct 2, 2012.

1. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Okay obviously Leupold is an amazing scope ... But what are you losing if you et any of the Nikon brands... For example i just ordered me a Nikon prostaff4-12x40, would have loved to get Leupold bit way to expensive for me

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

You have good solid hunting scope ordered. Till you get into leupolds higher dollar scopes it don't matter. the redfield revolution is also a great scope but see there prices is now going up after leupold introduces the china line to redfield. So did good.

3. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

I needed a LER rifle scope and Nikon did not offer. Otherwise may not have paid for a Leupold...

4. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Yes I have a red field scope on my hunting gun now but I'm switching it with my new Nikon and putting the red field on my blackpowder gun

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Drew,

I am a Leupold guy generally! But there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Nikon Scopes! I have a couple of them and they are nice units. Also clear!
    I think you did well on your choice.:)

6. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

My buddy went to buy a scope for his rem 700 and money was not an object,he bought the Nikkon prostaff instead of a Luepold because he said the Nikkon was clearer.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i love the nikon 3x9. its very clear. holds zero. comes with warrenty andprice is fair. i cant see why you want want to spend more money on other brands untill you start hitting the high end stuff.. for a good scope at reasonable prices that will hold up to most condtions. nikon has it!

8. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe New Member

Hardluk, Redfield is going to sell lower end scopes made in China? Their advertising has focused on the fact that Redfields are made in Leopold's Oregon plant. Say it isn't so!

I have a Redfield Revolution from their first year of production and it has served me well. It is a well made, clear scope without all the features.

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Redfield has a new line of china scopes, revenge line . Thats what I refered too above but there revultion line is made here. Same ole sales pitch as others promoting made in usa and then go to china-revenge line that allready sell for as much as the revolutions did.

10. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I have had a Nikon Buckmaster on my .06 for about four years. It has taken a licking and keeps on ticking.

My .06 is a really nice rifle, and I sometimes would like to have a higher-end scope, but my rifle skills really don't justify a better scope. Minute of buck at 200 yards is all the scope I need.

11. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Nikons coatings are darker than Leupold. Glass is on par with the VX-3 line and down. MkIV is a whole different ball game.