Nikon Pro Staff vs Vortex Crossfire

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by kytowboater, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

so when will this bad boy arrive?

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

It's at home already. I'm on the boat sadly. 3 more weeks and ill get to see it. Also have a Simmons wide angle 3-9x40 on the way. Needed two scopes and the money was right

The excitement is unbearable. Lol

3. bman940

bman940 Member

KY, great choice looking at Nikon's PROSTAFF 4-12 BDC scope. But, let me toss this out for you. Nikon has a promo going on right now and the PROSTAFF 5 3.5-14X40 Matte BDC is $219, $80 off! Hard not to drop and extra $20 for better glass coating and parallax adjustment. Check out some of this site's Sponsor's to see if they can help you out. Make sure you check out Spot On to really dial in your rifle,scope and ammo too.

4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I have been shooting a Nikon for about 15 years. I like it.

Mine is the Buckmaster, 3-9 x 40 before the down-graded the Buckmaster brand and replaced it with the Pro Staff.

bman940 likes this.
  5. bman940

bman940 Member

Chain, Nikon's PROSTAFF 5 is very similar to the Buckmaster's of old. I have 3 and wouldn't sell them for triple what they are worth. Solid,reliable and accurate. The sale going on right now on the PROSTAFF 5's almost makes it a no brainer if you are looking at the regular PROSTAFF scope.

6. Danoobie

Danoobie Active Member

Got both the Prostaff and Vortex. The Nikon handles better in low light.

bman940 likes this.
  7. bman940

bman940 Member

Test's have been done in the past that show Nikon's PROSTAFF scopes have some of the best light gathering properties in the business. That is one of the reason's I have them on numerous rifles. As for warranty, Nikon's Lifetime No fault warranty is tough to beat. The past 9 years I have been doing freelance work for Nikon I have been through over 500 scopes. They have been on everything from a .177 air rifle to a .50 BMG and I have never had a scope fail. Even when my son's sling swivel gave way and his Tikka T3 and PROSTAFF scope fell over 20 feet ! If you guy's ever have an issue and you need help, feel free to drop me a note and I will do what I can.