Nikon optics for mini

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by glockenstein, Mar 28, 2012.

1. glockenstein

glockenstein New Member

Anyone have experience with Nikon optics on a Mini 14?
    Have the tac model 581 series.
    Thx to all.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Whats your optics you have in mind? They will work well if you can get the eye relief for it.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I had a Nikon prostaff 3x9x40 on my mini and it worked great. I just replaced it with a Burris but only because I wanted the E1 cross hairs. I have nothing but good to say about Burris and Nikon. :)

4. DaveS

DaveS New Member

I have a Prostaff 2-7 on mine, good eye relief and good clairity. Great scope for the price. I have only shoot about 200 rounds since putting it on so time will tell how well it holds up.

5. jem375

jem375 New Member

yes, I have a Nikon M223 1-4x scope on my 180 series mini-14, works great... it is all the magnification I need for my mini

6. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

If I didn't buy a Leupold, the only other scope that I would buy would be a Nikon...!

Bill

7. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

well bill, if you didn't buy a leupold....you might also consider the redfield....which is just a leupold sold at a better price....:)

redfield revolution 2-7 is a perfect fit for the mini imo.

8. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

Hawk;
    I want every scope that I own to have an adjustable Objective (AO) lens. In fact, I prefer to have the parallax adjustment to be side adjustable, I.E. having the parallax adjustment mounted with the elevation and windage adjustments.

Once you have used a scope in that configuration it will be hard to go back to any of the other configurations.

Bill

9. hawkguy

:confused:

well, you were wrong about my skinner sight. it is awesome. :D

10. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

Don't say that. People will think you're a newby dude...! :eek:

Bill

11. Beachcityboy

Beachcityboy New Member

I have a 581 series stainless ranch rifle. I have a 4.5x14x40 Nikon Buckmaster scope on it. I mounted it on a Weigand base, with Weigand rings. It's a great setup, this is my first Nikon scope but it won't be my last !

12. fael78rj

fael78rj New Member

Hey Beachcityboy, I'm wondering purchase this scope too. Can you share a pic of your rifle's set?

13. hawkguy

truth hurts sometimes. when it comes to scope use, i am inexperienced compared to most.

finally gotten to where i can shoot pretty decent with them though. :)

and btw, i do have that skinner sights dead on now. i was killin it at the range today. they are a very quality sight.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  14. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

I wanted to go to Charlie6 to look at the sight again, however charlie6 isn't responding.

Would you post a picture of our skinner sight here?

Bill

15. hawkguy

ok, but you gotta promise to be nice! ;)

i got the tactical version. they were nice enough to NOT carve "tactical" on the side for me. its just a protected version of their peep sight. it has removeable aperature sizes or just take the aperature out for a ghost ring.

took a bit to get it on target, but i think i shoot MUCH better with it now. i just prefer peep sights over buckhorn personally.

my marlin has always been my fave rifle purchase. and now it shoots like i always wanted it to.

Attached Files:

16. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

Hawk;
    It's not a bad looking sight, and it seems to blend with the Marlin receiver.

Bill

17. chris4429

chris4429 New Member

re nikon optics

I dont have a mini but I do have a Nikon mounted on every rifle I own. 3 Prostaff scopes, 1 Monarch and a M-223. All of these work great. I just mounted the M-223 on my AR today and hit the range. The thing is awesome. You cant go wrong with a Nikon in my opinion.

Attached Files: