Nikon Coyote 4.5-14x40

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by AusLach, Jun 15, 2010.

1. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Im looking to get one of these scopes for my new Savage Predator Hunter Rifle in 204 Ruger. I've read nothing but good reviews but was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with either this particular scope or the Nikon line in general. I can get the scope landed in Oz with matching rings for about $500AUD. Will the BDC reticle work for a .204 do you think? The rifle will mainly be for calling foxes, medium-range plinking at bunnies and spotlighting.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I have several Nikons on my rifles and they perform very well. Nikon is my new "go to" scope when on a budget and I can't afford Leupold VX3. The Nikons I have perform much better than their price would indicate.

3. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Thanks I think that this'll be the scope that ends up on the rifle.. Savage do sell the rifle in a package deal but then it only comes with a blind mag instead of a detachable mag. I'd imagine this is to keep the price low, but DBMs just work better for me especially when spotlighting when I can have another full magazine in my jacket pocket. Cold hands do not make for fast reloads!

4. slowgt

slowgt New Member

post how it works I was thinking of putting 1 on my mini 14 cf

5. brandy

brandy New Member

Nikon Coyote..you looking for one ?

I have one on my Marlin XLC with camo crosslock rings. It is complete with box all papers and objective no glare insert. It's an excellent scope for varmints or big game. I have no idea what you budget is in US dollars. Let me know at email BMI1960@aol.com

see below:

[​IMG]

6. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

I have a Nikon Prostaff with the BDC reticle on an AR. I hunt hogs and coyotes with it. My only issue with the BDC reticle is it's a little thick and tends to cover up the target at 300-400 yds. Good scope though.