Nightstand gun

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, Oct 22, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I spent some time at the range with the Sig P226R and I shot it very well. This is the only railed gun I have so I decided to put on the TLR-2 and put it to work as my nightstand gun. It holds 18+1 with the Mec-Gar flush fit mags (Sig 15 rounder is in the pic) so it will be a good zombie defense handgun. Yeah, the 870 is next to the bed as well; however, I might want to spray & pray when they come through the door...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I thought you had an xd45?

Looks like a good night stand gun! :)

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I need a night stand gun.....

Dave how is the balance with the light on it?

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Not much different with or without as the TLR-2 doesn't weigh very much.

I did have an XD .45 - no more plastic now though...

5. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I use a similar setup on a 40 S&W XD-M for the bedroom. I'm not a huge fan of the XDs, but I just can't make it malfunction no matter how hard I try, so I trust it to protect my wife and me.

6. RTMiller

RTMiller New Member

Very similar to my nightstand set-up...

[​IMG]

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Just prettier.

8. CK3

CK3 New Member

My Nightstand Gun.. M&P 9..

[​IMG]

9. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

Mine is a G23 with a CT laser. Not the new ones but the old ones they used to mil into the frame. LOVE it. Has only come out once in anger, and the laser got the point across real fast. 13 rounds + one in the pipe of 165 gr Hydroshocks

Also have an 870 close by. empty chamber, full extended mag of first 2 rounds are bird shot, last 5 are 00Buck.

Empty chamber you say? To quote and old friend.... There is NO scarier sound in the dark of night than that of an 870 cycling a round into the chamber... guaranteed to make even a crack head **** his pants!"

Wife has a Beretta 92FS with 16 rounds and a CT set of grips and Trigicons. Pitty the fool who gets past the Labrador on the couch

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That is also more time he has to get to you or shoot you himself.

11. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

This is where the Labrador comes in. Dog will occupy him log enough to let me get to the pump gun. Unfortunately by the time he subdues the pooch, i have the barrel in his face and cycling the first of a real day ruiner, the bird shot. two rounds of that in the gut then a round or two of 00 buck should be sufficient pay back for killing my dog.

12. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

The same one I carry in my crotch every day, with a light on the rail. I do admit that I have to stand up to get to it, but that's why the dog sleeps on the bed.

13. Tazisland

Tazisland New Member

I second the Sig... sort of.

[​IMG]

P250 compact in 40S&W is for me, the perfect nightstand gun.
    Smooooooooooth double action with a no-fail finger safety.:D

14. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

I have a Lhasa Apso...don't laugh i know it isn't the manliest dog. However she will hear someone breaking in hours before a rot, dobie, or shepherd. and that might gimme all the time i need to safe my family property and dog.

To be honest at night when she sits up and growls its because she heard something and i am on guard.

15. tabdog

tabdog New Member

My Nightstand Gun,

[​IMG]

Yes, I know it's a Taurus, but it has thousands of
    rounds through her and she's 100 percent reliable,
    deadly accurate too!

I also got a 870,

[​IMG]

Tabdog