Nighthawk Heinie

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by chachimacho, Jun 4, 2013.

1. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

I finally got my Nighthawk yesterday!

image-862031501.jpg

Attached Files:

2. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Wow, congrats sir. Give us a report as soon as ya can.

3. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Will do! I was going to go shoot today, but as luck would have it, my boy got the flu. Cleaning up puke sounds way more fun, anyhow:/

4. ShooterJD

ShooterJD New Member

Nighthawk Custom makes very good 1911 style guns I have 2 of them both ordered to my specs Shoot fantastic never a problem I carry them for my work as a Pa State Constable Guns run perfect The only time they malfunction is during qualification drills when they are set up to fail Good luck with yours

5. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I envy you, that is one bad @$$ gun.

6. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Definitely green here enjoy!

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Yeah....So I'm not liking you too much right now. :p
    Can't wait to see the range report...

8. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Congrats, they are great guns! Welcome to the family.

9. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Gorgeous! Enjoy it!

10. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Thanks, guys! It's been a long time coming and I'm very proud to finally own one. Much thanks to Dave at Jaqua's in Findlay, OH and Bill Bein at Nighthawk for pushing this through for me. They have a customer for life!

11. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Range Report: I ran some 230gr Hydra-Shok, 230gr UMC ball, 200gr SWC over 4.2 and 4.5gr of Bullseye. All hit left, which is not surprising since my eyes are a hot mess (I'm cross dominant and have exotropia.) Perfect trigger, slide is like glass, red fiber optic is real easy to pick up and no failure-to-anything. I had a lot of coffee and no breakfast, so it was hard to settle down, but I did manage a decent target with the 4.5gr load.

Nighthawk has been a real treat to work with and would recommend them on their customer service, alone. Heinie however, failed miserably and sent me the wrong sight to ship down to them on THE day of test firing shipping, of course. After a few heated emails, the director of sales told me to take my business elsewhere. No apologies and no offer to reimburse my overnight charges... Nothing. I even emailed Richard Heinie directly and no response. Too bad, since was going to order one of these in 9mm. Oh well!

Attached Files:

12. j4454

j4454 New Member

Thanks for the info. At what yard line is that target?

13. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

7yds offhand. There were other shooters at 7yds so I couldn't stretch it out. The test target that came with the pistol was shot at 15yds from a bench. 1/4" center to center using 230gr jhp and ball, and 200gr swc.