Night Sights

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by MOshooter, Oct 17, 2013.

1. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

I have a G23 2nd Gen. that i'm interested in purchasing some night sights for.

My question is what Night sights are you using on your Glocks,and how do you like them?

Thanks

2. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

I put MeproLights in my gen3 G19 and loved them, my buddy has that pistol now and likes them as well, I have them on my Kimber too and they are great.

3. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

deadspot Thanks a lot for the input,I have seen the MetroLights advertised on several online retailers. I will take a closer look,Thanks again.

Gatoragn Thanks for the link,i'm heading over there to check out the XS big dots.

Thanks again,for the link.

4. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I've tried them all and I've installed the all on dozens of Glocks. I prefer and carry right now the Ameriglo i-dots. I have the yellow rear and green front. Super bright and super easy to acquire in the dark. I recommend them. I also have them in stock right now as well.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Meprolights and Trijicons. I like both.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Depends. For draw and engage drills, consider XS. The dot can be huge and the rear sight best left unmarked. If you compete in that for $$$ consider also the sevigny-warren setup (Google it). For bullseye, too many to count, look and aim before you buy. Consider your eyesight, plus glasses, contacts etc. with or without.

For something different, Arotek, fiber optic front and ghost ring rear.
    For carry, low profile novaks. Three dot niGht sights- only if you really expect to shoot in near darkness, otherwise they are smaller than contrast sights (or same size for $$$) Forgot, a figure of 8 sight pic as opposed to 3 dot works for many. Meprolights are fine all around but you won't know till you look.
    Glock sights take much crap over the Internet but they are good and work for me and many others beside me.

7. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

I was told once that Glock uses Meprolight sights when they come with night sights from the factory. Is there any truth to that?

8. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

I really like the Trijicon night sights. They do exactly as advertised. Im about to replace a 14 yr old set on a G17. Not near as bright as they used to be, but still working fine. Have them on several pistols and an AR.
    I havent used any others so I cannot say good or bad about them.

9. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Argyle Thanks for the suggestion and recommendation of Ameriglo i-dots,I'll check out their website and take a look. Also thanks for letting me know where I can pick up a set,if I go with that brand.

I haven't actually seen the Meprolights in person. I have seen the Trijicons and actually use to have one on a shotgun barrel years ago.

Thanks for the input Doc

Mercator,
    I should have stated what the primary use of the G23 is mainly home defense and ccw.

I have seen where some of the night sights appear to look smaller than say the normal contrasting 3 dot sights,which is what my g23 came with from the factory. The XS dot looks like a very good sight picture for a self defense pistol. I have have a set of Novaks 3 dot low profile sights that came on a Colt combat commander that I recently purchased and really like those sights,I may look into a Novak low profile 3 dot night sights for the g23.

Thanks for All the great information

bntyhntr,
    Thanks for the input and experience with the Trijicon sights,they seem like the tried and true night sights on the market.
    I had a Trijicon put on a 11-87 barrel years ago,I really liked it, except it fell off somewhere? Years ago? :)

Thanks again

10. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

Ameriglo iDot on my G17 and some other guns....they use Trijicon files and are really nice. They have 3 dots too if you like that better.

11. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Tru glu TFO sights. Nothing beats them. Both night sights and fiber optic. Bright in the dark, and during the day time they're as bright as toxic waste green. You won't go wrong.

12. glock19c

glock19c New Member

I have truglo tfo on my g19 and love them

13. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I use to love the TRUGLO TFO sights. I don't use Truglo TFO anymore after talking with one of their techs on the phone about them. Those sights are designed for you to line up the three dots and place your center dot as your point of aim. That goes against all training ever taught with handguns. So when you line up the tops of your sights your POI is different than your POA.

14. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

15. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  16. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Thanks for the heads up on that, as I have considered these. I will scratch them off the list now.

17. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I would not be so categorical about the aiming pattern. As long as you stay consistent and accurate with your personal weapon, you can choose any sight picture you want. By the way, SIG SAUER ships its P-series Equinox pistols with TruGlo front sights. I installed one on my X Five, can't complain.

18. cmr287

cmr287 New Member

I do not use them. I feel they are over rated... But thats just me...

19. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Obviously you've never tried to shoot anything at night when there's a light anywhere in front of you. I have. I missed by 3 feet. With a fricking shotgun. Why? When there's a light anywhere in your FOV you can't see your dang sights worth crap.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013