Night Sights

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Mbrandt1, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mbrandt1

Mbrandt1 New Member

I have a Glock 19 and am looking for a reliable brand of night sights to put on it. Can anyone suggest a good brand to use?

2. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

But Glock 19 is a gun.. how are you going to install a nv on it? will it not be too short for it?

3. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

I like Meprolights. Green front/orange rears. They are easy to pick up quickly.

4. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Fail,
    The actual sights are what's being referred to here, they glow in the dark. :cool:

I had MeproLights lights on my 19 and loved them, all three dots were green on mine.

5. Holmes375

Holmes375 New Member

Trijicon, AmeriGlo, MeproLight... they're all high quality stuff.

6. Mbrandt1

Mbrandt1 New Member

Thank you all very much. I will look into all of these immediately

7. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

Take a look at TruGlo TFOs.

Fiber optic rods that use ambient light to brighten a three-dot sight picture, with tritium embedded in the mount to provide night sight capability.

I have them on my EDC XD-40, and am very pleased with their performance.

According to TruGlo, the problems of breakage alluded to in the following video have been addressed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZ4GKik5Qo[/ame]

I have both Trijicon and Meprolight night sights on other pistols and don't see much of a difference between them.

8. Holmes375

Holmes375 New Member

That's good to hear. The TFO sights, with their fiber optic/tritium combination, have better daytime visibility as compared to straight tritium sights.

9. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I got Trijicons on my GLOCK 22 11 or 12 years ago and they are still glowing quite nicely.

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter