Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 19 and am looking for a reliable brand of night sights to put on it. Can anyone suggest a good brand to use?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like Meprolights. Green front/orange rears. They are easy to pick up quickly.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Maximilian said:
But Glock 19 is a gun.. how are you going to install a nv on it? will it not be too short for it?
Fail,
The actual sights are what's being referred to here, they glow in the dark. :cool:

sparky80 said:
I like Meprolights. Green front/orange rears. They are easy to pick up quickly.
I had MeproLights lights on my 19 and loved them, all three dots were green on mine.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Trijicon, AmeriGlo, MeproLight... they're all high quality stuff.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Take a look at TruGlo TFOs.

Fiber optic rods that use ambient light to brighten a three-dot sight picture, with tritium embedded in the mount to provide night sight capability.

I have them on my EDC XD-40, and am very pleased with their performance.

According to TruGlo, the problems of breakage alluded to in the following video have been addressed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZ4GKik5Qo[/ame]

I have both Trijicon and Meprolight night sights on other pistols and don't see much of a difference between them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
....According to TruGlo, the problems of breakage alluded to in the following video have been addressed....
That's good to hear. The TFO sights, with their fiber optic/tritium combination, have better daytime visibility as compared to straight tritium sights.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I got Trijicons on my GLOCK 22 11 or 12 years ago and they are still glowing quite nicely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts