Night Sights

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by USMC-03, Jan 7, 2011.

1. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I want to get some night sights for my XD9. It is a 2004 model and the factory sights are pretty hard to pick up these days with all the use this gun has seen. What night sights would you guys recommend?

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Regardless of the brand you select - you'll have to have them installed by a 'smith. The factory sights on XDs cannot be moved by mere mortals - nothing less than an industrial sight pusher will move them at all...

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

It is easier to mill them out than try to push them. They are some kinda crazy tight.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Trijicon night sights.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

If you really feel the need for night sights, take a look at the Heinie's.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Many a time I was thinking it would be great to have them. I think night sights are an essential part of a defensive weapon.

My sticky stuff from gatarpardo works well and glows most of the night, but the paint on stuff for the sights glows bright only for a little while.
    My local gunshop has a sign that says they will install night sights on xd's. I just need the time and motivation to go.

8. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Already planning on having a smith do it...I'd rather pay someone a small fee than to mess something up trying to do it myself.

9. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

Remove the slide and mail it to Springfield Armory. They will install the night sights and return it to you pretty fast. Call them for the current price.

It is a deal !