Night Sights for a Rock Island Armory Goverment Full Size???

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by CAMCHAMPION1988, Sep 10, 2011.

1. CAMCHAMPION1988

CAMCHAMPION1988 New Member

Hi i was at the range shooting my Rock Island Armory Goverment Full Size and i noticed when i was home. That the front sight had broken off which is good because now it will be easier to install some long awaited. Night Sights the only thing is i hear that the the RIA GI Sights are different from that of a Colt for example. Otherwise i would just get online and buy Night Sights that Fit a Colt Goverment Full Size. Then install them on my RIA 1911 but it turns out the size or something is different. I forgot what size and/or angle he said they have to be.

( It just seems weird that a Colt GI 70 series sight size and angle would be different then my RIA GI 70 Series ) Personally i just think the salesman wanted me to buy his sights at his shop which were a little over $200 Then $75 for installation. No Thank you i will buy them and install them myself.

I would like to have a 3 dot glow in the dark platform any brand you would recommend??????

The pistol is the Rock Island Armory M1911-A1FS Goverment 70 Series

What is the Sight Size and angle??????

Thanks for your helpful answers in advance.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I like Truglo sights

The World's Most Advanced Line of Fiber Optic Sights | TRUGLO, Inc.

I like Truglo sights. My 50 year old eyes can see them without glasses.

I had some Truglo sights installed on my Kimber. I have not felt the need to purchase sight pushers, etc. required to DYI pistol sights.

Sorry, I don't know the measurements you are seeking. Have you checked RIA's website for information on compatible night sights.