Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently went to buy a gun and had a hold put on it when they ran my nics check. Has anyone had this problem before, and if so do you know why there would be a hold? I have bought several firearms and haven't had this happen before.

·
Banned
0 Posts
So, I recently went to buy a gun and had a hold put on it when they ran my nics check. Has anyone had this problem before, and if so do you know why there would be a hold? I have bought several firearms and haven't had this happen before.
quite possibly because of the increased gun sales, they are severely backed up and it's causing a delay. i know that when i usually bought a firearm it took about 10-15 minutes. i am now hearing several hours to a couple of days for the background check. personally i wouldn't worry too much, if you have never had problems before.

·
Premium Member
S&W 637-2, M&P sheild 9mm
12,547 Posts
jcd390 said:
Just out of curiosity, what were you buying? It would be interesting to know if people that are buying high capacity handguns or rifles are being put on hold.
When the nics check is run, they ask if it is handgun, rifle, or shotgun. "High capacity", whatever that means, has nothing to do with it.

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
I have an FBI security clearance from years back, hence there is an FBI "file" on me. Whenever I purchase a gun, the clerk on the phone sees this and must ask their supervisor to check it out. Evenings, weekends, supervisors are never available and I always get a "delay" until following business day. Every time. I try to avoid weekend purchases for this reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.