Nickel Boron coated BCG

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by cddbrowns, Apr 14, 2011.

1. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Looking for one, anyone know one that is actually in stock? Seems they are ALL sold out....

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

yup they are been looking for a FA one... non-existant doesnt begin to describe it.

3. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

one of the reviews on midway says the coating is flaking on those. needs more research for a 200$ before ordering.

5. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Agreed, but I would bet anything that the guy did not "break it in" as it should have been, hence the link on the order page. Its AR stoner, not the best, but not bad for AR15's....

6. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

A good ol FA BCG will get you anywhere you want to go for $140. And I bet it wont flake.

Break in for a BCG?

7. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I want it to match my AR

[​IMG]

Why I wanted the Nickel Boron. Add a SS suppressor on the end and you have my AR. I dont know about any kind o break in, but there is a "break in" link for it.....

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Couldn't agree more!

I wouldn't consider a BCG that needs a break in peroid, that's insane. Just keep the dust cover closed when showing off your AR and enjoy the extra savings and extra reliabilty.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

i read the break in procedure pdf. nothing there that tells me that the coating would be better protected thru that procedure.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

thanks :) too bad they got a logo on em *sigh* cant have everything i guess

11. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member