Nickel boron bcg

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by mike9316, Jun 15, 2013.

1. mike9316

mike9316 New Member

Hello I'm a new AR owner so I'm learning as I go I have a rock river arms entry tactical and I was wondering if a WMD or spikes tactical nickel boron coated bcg would fit in my rifle the tail end of the nickel boron bcg looks a little longer so I was worried it wouldn't fit. Any input welcomed

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Yes, the BCG you describe will fit. Many of our fellow AR geeks on here are not believers in the extra cost of the NiB. I am not experienced enough to pass judgement.

Peruse the threads in the AR section of the forum before you buy.

3. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

I would have to say same thing

4. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

If it is a 5.56/223 BCG it will fit. Is it possible your looking at a standard BCG , or a light BCG , sometimes to people that don't have a lot of experience will think they are different sizes. Here's some pics for example. As far as the nickel boron coating, I have two nickel boron Fail Zero BCG's, I love them for the ease of cleaning. Other than that, to me the performance is the same.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

All ar15 bolt carriers are the same overall length, or well, they should be if in spec. If you have one noticeably bigger, it may be for an AR308/10.

There's a thread here detailing our experiences with NiBor carriers.......Hot Potato BCGs

6. mike9316

mike9316 New Member

Ya sgt the one I have now looks like the ar15 enhanced from your photo and the one I was wanting looked like the m16 one in the photo but with nickel boron costing

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I was considering a bcg, for my range bag, as a

spare. I also noticed the Nickel-Boron. My primary

interest is in having something which won't rust

up in the bag, before it's needed...

8. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Hi mike if u looking for m16 NIB look up ice arms thay have it and for 185 bucks look good here's mine

Attached Files:

9. mike9316

mike9316 New Member

Thanks for the recommendation darkhellwolf I might actually get one of those looks good for the price