Nice basement.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by iloveguns, Jul 21, 2008.

1. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Anyone know where this is or anything about it. Man what a dream. I received this in an email and got curious about it. I am so jealous.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

another pic. Not sure how to shrink it down.

3. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

And the last one.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

There was a thread about this awhile back, I think it was originally called "Is this Charleton Heston's house?" or something like that.

I did some research, the place actually belonged to some lawyer/land developer guy back east. I want to say like Rhode Island or something like that. In any event, the guy had the largest collection of stuff to ever go on sale at auction and set a record for the overall amount raised. He had some SERIOUSLY rare stuff if I remember right.

I will see if I can find the story again....

JD

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Money can't buy happiness? BS!!!!

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I didn't find the original story, but I did find the same information here at this site.

The home belonged to Bruce Stern and set an auction record of $12.7 mil in March of 2008

JD

7. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Dillinger. Thank you my good man. I really appreciate that. What an awesome collection.:D

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Seriously right? I read a story about the guy, you can Google him, and I guess he was a life long collector and 2A guy. He had EVERYTHING in that basement. Obviously if it all sold for over 12.7 mil - but he had some super rare, collector only stuff, and then he had basic warfare pieces from all the major conflicts over the last 100 years. Really an impressive collection that was obviously only a small part of his vast fortune.

JD

There is this customer of ours at the shop, and he is a big mortage guy. Has money for days. Anyways, one day a bank in Bonney Lake decides to move to a larger location, so he buys the old bank, as long as the safe will stay behind. He moves his whole office of operation into the new mortage office and puts like $40K of fine woodwork and display cases into the old bank vault for all his personal firearms. The guy has a massive collection of new age stuff, all sorts of Class III, silencers, he has a BAR and an original Sharpe's. It's sick.... Some people know how to live. :D

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  9. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

10. painted_klown

painted_klown New Member

I have never been so enamored in my entire life. :p

Seriously though, that is the coolest firearms and weapon collection I have ever seen. :cool:

Very nice!:D

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Holy crap it's Burt from Tremors. LOL, seriously that's awesome.

12. DFENS

DFENS New Member

Roflwaffles

+1 for the hilarity.

12.8 mil, eh? I reckon if I had 13 mil I'd be quite the happy fella (the extra would go to my getting full race leathers, a decent supersport, and lots of trackdays... and probably some speeding tickets in the twisties as well :D )

Phew... that's like a precursor to a modern Valhalla or something...

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I just could not be happy with that basement.

Unless it came with this garage and back yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Where did you find those images?

15. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Well if I could afford the basement then sure as hell I could afford the garage and backyard.:D cpttango30 where is this? Do you know?

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Man, that is an outrageous setup.........I want one.

17. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I forget where it is. But man does that guy hating changing dies or what. LOL I think he has a press set up for each caliber he loads for.

18. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Does anyone know how much one of those single stage reloading presses cost, I would need the press and any equipment needed to load ammo for my .45 first. I will get into reloading 5.56, 7.62x54, 9mm later but I'd like to start loading .45 first.