Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
There was a thread about this awhile back, I think it was originally called "Is this Charleton Heston's house?" or something like that.

I did some research, the place actually belonged to some lawyer/land developer guy back east. I want to say like Rhode Island or something like that. In any event, the guy had the largest collection of stuff to ever go on sale at auction and set a record for the overall amount raised. He had some SERIOUSLY rare stuff if I remember right.

I will see if I can find the story again....

JD

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Money can't buy happiness? BS!!!!

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
I didn't find the original story, but I did find the same information here at this site.

The home belonged to Bruce Stern and set an auction record of $12.7 mil in March of 2008

JD

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Seriously right? I read a story about the guy, you can Google him, and I guess he was a life long collector and 2A guy. He had EVERYTHING in that basement. Obviously if it all sold for over 12.7 mil - but he had some super rare, collector only stuff, and then he had basic warfare pieces from all the major conflicts over the last 100 years. Really an impressive collection that was obviously only a small part of his vast fortune.

JD

There is this customer of ours at the shop, and he is a big mortage guy. Has money for days. Anyways, one day a bank in Bonney Lake decides to move to a larger location, so he buys the old bank, as long as the safe will stay behind. He moves his whole office of operation into the new mortage office and puts like $40K of fine woodwork and display cases into the old bank vault for all his personal firearms. The guy has a massive collection of new age stuff, all sorts of Class III, silencers, he has a BAR and an original Sharpe's. It's sick.... Some people know how to live. :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have never been so enamored in my entire life. :p

Seriously though, that is the coolest firearms and weapon collection I have ever seen. :cool:

Very nice!:D

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Holy crap it's Burt from Tremors. LOL, seriously that's awesome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Roflwaffles

Holy crap it's Burt from Tremors. LOL, seriously that's awesome.
+1 for the hilarity.

12.8 mil, eh? I reckon if I had 13 mil I'd be quite the happy fella (the extra would go to my getting full race leathers, a decent supersport, and lots of trackdays... and probably some speeding tickets in the twisties as well :D )

Phew... that's like a precursor to a modern Valhalla or something...

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
I just could not be happy with that basement.

Unless it came with this garage and back yard.

·
Banned
13,934 Posts

·
Banned
13,934 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well if I could afford the basement then sure as hell I could afford the garage and backyard.:D cpttango30 where is this? Do you know?

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Man, that is an outrageous setup.........I want one.

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
I forget where it is. But man does that guy hating changing dies or what. LOL I think he has a press set up for each caliber he loads for.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Does anyone know how much one of those single stage reloading presses cost, I would need the press and any equipment needed to load ammo for my .45 first. I will get into reloading 5.56, 7.62x54, 9mm later but I'd like to start loading .45 first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts