NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by 2hot2handle, Apr 26, 2011.

1. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

NHL playoffs anyone? Or am I the only hockey fan here? Anyone with teams still in? My poor Av's didn't even make the cut :(

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am a hockey fan. I listened to the Blackhawks pull off a win in overtime on my way home from the Kentucky Meet and Greet last night. If they win the next came up in Vancouver, they advance in the playoffs. I would be thrilled if they won the Stanley Cup two years in a row........even though it's a whole new team from last year's team. Damn salary caps!!

Go Chicago Blackhawks!!

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Gatekeeper = Penguins

JPyle = Flyers

WoC = Blackhawks

Me = Red Wings and/or Avalanche :p

Yunis = probably Caps

I watched several games this past weekend. I am amazed at the number of overtime games there have been this time around.

4. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Uhh. Any team that continues to employ Sean Avery makes me nervous.

Despite that, they are a far shot better than my Devils. :eek:

5. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Um... being as how you are an Avalnche/Red Wing fan...actually I don't know how that works with the little rivalry between those teams.

I know I'm loving the overtime playoff hockey!! It's been so exciting. My favorite sport by far :D

6. Car54

Car54 New Member

Red Wing fans in my house.

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Yep, Pens fan.
    They are driving me crazy right now. All the injuries, no PP, and for some reason our defensemen like to let other teams take 5 rebound shots unchallenged and when they do challenge they prefer tackling our own goalie instead of the other teams players:rolleyes:

Don't know how I'm gonna watch game 7 without breaking something:p

8. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

I was surprised they made it to game 7 to be honest after watching them play those first games.

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Flyers fan here...you can tell from the 1,000 yard stare, WTF expression and the patches of missing hair. Hopefully tonight they get their shiz together.

Gate- any word on Crosby? He done or is he coming back?

10. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Doesn't look like it. He's been skating with the team, but no contact yet. Supposed to have been symptom free, but just heard a radio report this morning(unconfirmed) that he was nauseous and dizzy after one of his recent workouts. So if he still is having symptoms, it doesn't look good for a return this year.
    Malkin is back skating already this week, which is a huge shock since he had ACL/MCL reconstruction just a couple of months ago. Don't think he'll be back til next year but thats some amazing progress

11. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

That's not good. Sounds a lot like Lindros...even after he "recovered" he was never the same.

12. winds-of-change

The Blackhawks play the Canucks tonight, 2100 central time. Someone's getting eliminated tonight. I just hope it's not the Blackhawks.

13. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Red Wings fan here. Not so popular as I live in Flyers country.

14. winds-of-change

Well, the Blackhawks got eliminated from the playoffs last night in overtime. It was sad!! But on the positive side, they were down 3-0 in the series then rallied to tie the series 3-3. Then to lose the 7th game in overtime.........well, I'm proud of them anyway. They are a great team.

15. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

It was a good game, I wasn't expecting them to go far in the play offs any how. There team is quite a bit different then the team that won the cup last year.

16. winds-of-change

Yes, it is a whole new team. I'm disappointed but you're right, they did go further than I expected. Even though the team is different, they do have an excellent coach. Quenneville is a great coach, I think.

Well, the best of luck to those who still have teams in the playoffs.

17. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I am a black hawks fan. bummer they lost :confused: oh well they did ok and we won it last year any way!:D

18. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

He is a pretty good coach, he didn't fair too well here in CO but personally I think it's our management. They don't spend any money on the Av's nor do they let coaches coach how they want to be.

Any way back to play off talk. Semi final brackets are being set :D