NH, Something different!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jpattersonnh, Feb 15, 2014.

1. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Just another foot of snow tonight. Early spring trout fishing will suck again!!

2. jpattersonnh

Well, we only got an inch out of that nasty storm. Today they where talking 4-6" in 5 hours. After 6.5 hours we have over 15" and it is still coming down hard. Bet this one will be 20" or more. Radar shows it ending at the N.Y. border, about 3-4 hours more.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

It was 80 degrees here today. :p

I do not know how you guys can stand so much snow and cold weather.

4. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

It has been a challenge. At least they are somewhat used to it up North.

5. jpattersonnh

Finished up w/ 17". had a quick snow burst today, 2" more. It has been below freezing for 2 weeks, not the norm. When you go to start the car for work and it is -15, that is cold. We had 4 days last week -5 or lower over night. 20 or lower during the day, without the wind. It is 32 right now. Feels like spring. I was just outside shoveling and drinking a beer in a tee shirt. I've only put the heat on a few hours this year. The Jotul 602 has my house at 70 right now. I had to grab my Roof Rake last night that was next to my shed. Snow was well over my knees, I'm 6'3" tall. Just another winter....

6. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I've had all the cold I can stand for one winter, got down to 4 above a few weeks ago, w/ windchill was about -10.

7. jpattersonnh

Now, call my ignorant, but isn't Oklahoma pretty flat?? The wind would be the kicker. When it was -5..-15 a 5mph wind made it brutal here. When it would gust up to 15-20mph, you ran for cover. It was so cold I could not hold on to my steering wheel. I hate driving w/ gloves.

8. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Much is flat, but this part is pretty hilly. Yeah, the wind can be intense sometimes, and when it's cold out, it cuts through you like a knife.