NH law

Discussion in 'New Hampshire Gun Forum' started by xTIPPYA5x, Nov 5, 2012.

1. xTIPPYA5x

xTIPPYA5x New Member

Is there an age limit in Nh to transport a long gun in a vehicle to the range?

2. xTIPPYA5x

xTIPPYA5x New Member

Anyone? No one has an answer?

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

No, as long as it is not loaded. If you do get stopped and the police harrass you, call your parent's and hand the officer the phone. Carrying a note if you are under 18 years old is a good idea. Always be polite.

4. jpattersonnh

Some folks work till 5pm. ;)

5. jpattersonnh

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Is it not against the law for ANYONE in NH to have a loaded rifle or shotgun in a car?

7. cottontop

cottontop Guest

Most people work 'til 5pm, but an awful lot of them get on forums on company time.
    cottontop

8. jpattersonnh

Yes, that includes ATV's, tractors. Just wanted to make it clear.

9. xTIPPYA5x

xTIPPYA5x New Member

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

10. dreadknot65

dreadknot65 New Member

It is illegal to have a loaded or rifle in any kind of motorized vehicle. Anyone can have a rifle or shotgun in NH, regardless or where they are a resident. However, no private citizen can have a loaded rifle or shotgun in their vehicle. Military and Law enforcement are exempt from this law.

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Slight subject change; I was told that I could shoot on my property, even though my neighbor's house is less that 300' away. I was told by another person, no way! Does anyone know exactly where I could find this law spelled out?

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Cir, The only thing anyone here could tell you is you live in one of the most 2a loving, Pro Gun states in the Union. The rest your gonna have to track down on your own via your local and state online and call in resources. When you find you, let us know so your neighbor gets the right info. Ps, while your checkin, can you send Andy Coumo a copy so that he gets to see how free Americans live?

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

THAT is for sure.

14. jpattersonnh

Shooting and hunting are two different things. 300' to the side w/ acres behind is fine.

15. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Never had a problem in NY since I was 12. It's legal for kids 12 and up to own firearms, just not to purchase them

16. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

jpatterson, it's only 300"-ish. According to Google Earth. Could be less. Other than running a tape from the corner of their house, I don't really know how to find out for sure. Or how the authorities might judge the distance.....