Nfl...lock-out.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Mar 12, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I like football but when is GREED going to be put on the back burner??........LOCK-OUT FOREVER DUMMY'S.....Seems nobody can get all the GREED/GREED/GREED they can....Hope they LOOSE their #SS!!!.....Crybaby's...

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It's still early and with billions on the line they would be morons to jeopardize that. But I have heard reports that the owners can financially weather 2yr shutdown :eek:

As for me ... if they decide to cancel the season than it will be no more NFL for me ;)

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Another nail in the coffin for Unions!!

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Look at how the baseball strike went. America's pastime is still not the same.

I hope they settle. I like to aggravate people about how the Giant's can't play.

5. whistlindixie

whistlindixie New Member

Billionaires pushing around millionaires. I have no sympathy for either side, with that being said the owners want to work their cash cows into the ground.
    I am sure the richest owners can weather 2 years, but some teams are owned by investment groups, and as such they need to see a profit. I'm sure there are others couldn't weather it either. Bottom line: They are idiots to bring the league to a screeching halt.
    Oh well. People will still watch whenever the game comes back online.

6. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

I used to be a baseball fan until they went on strike way back when. I have not watched a baseball game since.

Jim.......

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

this what happens when greed on both sides gets out of control. if a business is stupid enough to treat its employees so crudely the feel they need a scum sucking union its a company that really doesnt deserve to exist. once a union forms that company is doomed. happens everytime. unions are a symptom of problems that already exist pre-union when it comes to private corporations. nfl is doomed its just a matter of time.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What is the NFL?

Oh yeah there the people that put on the great line up of commercials the first Sunday in February right?

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I like football and baseball. I'm tired of all the spoiled players and the wealthy owners. Let 'em all pound sand.

The Replacements (2000) - IMDb

10. jca1

jca1 New Member

This is basically the reason I no longer watch nor support professional sports. They get none of my money.

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Same for me, Jim.

12. ballfan4141

ballfan4141 New Member

the hell with that 18 game schedule and roger goodell. I really dont fallow college sports as much anymore because they are playing for money also and some getting it before they should. the teams change every year. I dont know how some people can act the way they do and rip people off especialy with gas prices. all of use people here are the forum are mostly the good people in society.

13. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Sport is one of the only professional arenas where the workforce (the players) gets paid more than what management does. This always leads to sour grapes from one party or another.

Our major footy code down here has just put in place an independent collision into the structure of our game. Widespread reforms are expected in the forms of contracts, salary caps and even rule changes to enhance the TV
    viewing capabilities of the NRL. It's sad I guess that a sport that's has been played in Australia for over 100 years has to change it's rules to make it easier to watch on television but unfortunately broadcast deals are what spins the wheels and pays the bills I guess :rolleyes:

14. whistlindixie

whistlindixie New Member

THIS.
    FREE AGENCY HAS RUINED EVERY SPORT OUT THERE.
    There is no more team loyalty, most players just follow the green.

15. AusLach

AusLach New Member

It's a job man! If you were offered twice the pay to perform your exact same duties but for another company would you take it?

Contact sport players only have a limited window in which they can effectively 'work' so why wouldn't they follow the money and set themselves and their family up for the future??

It's all well and good to expect a player to be loyal to his team, but outside of their contractual obligations, they have no responsibility to be loyal and it is unfair of us as viewers to place this responsibility on them.

16. whistlindixie

whistlindixie New Member

I understand what you're saying, absolutely. But its absurd what they make. Its absurd what the owners make. Everything about it is absurd.
    My favorite talk radio hosts put it this way, "Rooting for professional sports anymore is rooting for laundry."

17. whistlindixie

whistlindixie New Member

And that shtick about the poor players who only have so many years to play the sport and boo hoo hoo and blah blah blah, I don't buy it. Most football players make more money in one year than I will in my entire tenure in Special Education, which will probably last 40 years before I can retire. Besides that, if they play their cards right they can live off endorsements for the rest of their lives.

18. AusLach

AusLach New Member

I completely agree but why do they make so much??

The demand is there :eek:

For those who see a business opportunity and go for it, good on them! The owner's primary motivation isn't for the good of the game, or the entertainment of fans, it is for the continuation of their massive profits and publicity.

Stoner's chief motivation for designing the AR-15 wasn't for the personal protection, hunting capabilities or sport shooting needs of American citizens, it was Green from Uncle Sam; yet his design has morphed into filling all of the above needs and he is one of the most successful designers in history.

Intrisic motivation, no matter how noble, doesn't pay the bills :rolleyes:

19. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I'm a Chiefs fan, so Sundays for me is like getting root canal. I don't guess I'll be missing much.

20. whistlindixie

whistlindixie New Member

Yeah Slinger, I'm a 49ers fan. . . sigh
    @ aus - Yup, I know, but I'll never understand quite how that is. Frankly, I can't afford to go to hockey games, so I just can't fathom spending $60 per ticket, not to mention parking, food, and beers and. . . Yeah. Its just mind boggling. Every once in a while my SIL's business partner will give me his lower box tickets and I get to go pretend to be rich and uppity for the day. Otherwise I don't. I can't. I won't. I guess I'll never understand.