Nfa

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jhog, Mar 9, 2012.

1. jhog

jhog New Member

Has anyone had any dealings with this co.? I'm interested in buying an upper from them, a deal I can't pass up. I don't think I can build an upper cheaper than what they are offering. $500.00 for a match grade 16'' BHW 1-8 twist SS 3 grove polygon barrel, headspaced BCG, squared and bedded bar. to rec.,moe flip up rear site and front flip up site, moe hand guard or yhm ff hand guard. However, they are out of stock at present.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. JonM

JonM Moderator

got a link as im sure your not referring to the national fireworks association.

3. jhog

jhog New Member

No link, go to New Frontier Armory.com

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I wouldn't want to be the first one. The lowers look to be rebadged polymer Bushmasters so I can only imagine who makes the parts for their uppers. You can get a PSA for the same money.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

My fav lgs

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

New Frontier Armory is gtg. They have been around for a while. A $500 upper with a BHW barrel sound good to me, especially if they have one in stock. Not having to wait for a BHW is definately a bonus. Got more details? I'm suprised you say that it comes with moe handguards, not free floated. Bcg? Charging handle? Link! Link!

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Aimsurplus has spike stripped lower for $80

8. jhog

jhog New Member

I called them today and asked questions per my original post and that is the info they gave me. When she said who the barrel maker was I very pleased. Then asked if they squared the rec. and bedded the barrel and again she said they did. So I asked when they would be getting more uppers in and she said in about 2 weeks. Read my original post. It's all in there. I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

9. jhog

jhog New Member

I'm not buying a lower. I'm looking at their uppers.

10. jhog

jhog New Member

Forgot to mention it also has a mid lenghth gas sys.

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

That's cool but I think you miss read my post. I shared the lower observation as it may be evidence to who makes their upper parts.

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Nfa has stated that their polymer lowers are proprietary, and that they have no affliations with plum crazy. Check out their torture tests on youtube.I'm kinda interested in it, would have bought one but I has 2 stripped lowers in the war drawer already waiting in Q so maybe later......

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I stand corrected. I would have been willing to bet they were of the same manufacturer.

14. jhog

jhog New Member

According to their website, they assemble the uppers so I'm assuming they build complete rifles also. What caught my appention was the fact that they use BHW barrels and I haven't read anything negative about them. (Will reread your post)

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I wasn't questioning if they assembled the parts. I was questioning the parts used in the assembly.

16. jhog

jhog New Member

Not sure about what reciever they use or any of the small parts. I was just interested in the barrel. Magpull hand guard or YHM FF tube are some options also.

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

oh ok sounds good.