NFA Trust in Kentucky

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by kytowboater, Jan 17, 2014.

1. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I'm not clear on what or how a trust works. I've tried to read up on it, the language is not that clear at the moment. Boat brain right now.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of a trust in Kentucky?

Or can anyone shed any light on the benefits of one?

One day I would like some SBRs and SBS, suppressors etc.

2. austin92

austin92 New Member

Will subscribe as I have the same questions

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The NFA firearm is transferred to the trust. Trust owns it. You can add or remove people from the trust- any of them may possess it. Going the trust route removes the fingerprint/ photo/ permission of the CLEO things- Feds are trying hard to change that.

4. kytowboater

Is there are limit to the amount of nfa items to the trust or do you have to still get a stamp for every nfa item?

5. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

You still need a stamp for each item. And because of the current back log plan on waiting about a year even with a trust. Hopefully the trust will still be a option for us who's CLEO won't sign off. Another plus to a trust is that you can pass your NFA items on to spouse/children/family, etc with no extra paperwork.

6. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Also you can add as many items as you can afford.:D

7. kytowboater

Okay thank y'all for helping me to understand. Now, to convince the wife I need an SBR. Or a can....

8. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Definitely a NEED

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Firearms Talk mobile app