NFA trust attorney

Discussion in 'Florida Gun Forum' started by DavidB, Jul 7, 2012.

1. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Can anyone recommend a good attorney to set up a NFA trust in the Orlando/ Daytona area? How much does it typically cost? Thanks in advance.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have no experience in Florida other than a vacation, so please ignore if this isn't of interest.

I was able to set up my trust through the dealer who sold me my first suppressor for ZERO ADDITIONAL change. It was a serve they offered to allow people to protect themselves in this state (Washington). You might want to check with a couple of Class III dealers in your area and see if they offer the same service.

My trust was a matter of 7 or 8 pages of paperwork and they filed it for me as part of the application with the ATF/Feds on the purchase of my suppressor.

Good luck. Definitely go with the trust as you can then "bequeath" the suppressor upon your demise to a family member or friend who can pass the background check and pay the $200 transfer fee.

JD

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

There's a reputable one here in Nevada. He got my trust done. I'm not 100% sure if he does interstates. His fee is $200. Call him for more details. His name is Ben (702-784-5990).

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

do not use an attourney that is not familiar with your state trust laws they do differ greatly state to state.

your local class3 dealer should be able to recomend a decent trust attourney to you.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Agree with JonM said. That's why i said i'm not sure if my attorney does interstates. Thank's JonM for the reminder.;)

6. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Thanks for the info, I'll ask my lgs who they recommend.