Next Sig 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by NGIB, Mar 27, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I didn't expect to have the Glock for long and I was correct. TBH, I picked it up as it was cheap and they are great trading material. A fella I trade with regularly had picked up a LNIB Sig Tac Ops 1911 and I've been trying for a couple of weeks to wrest it from his greedy clutches. This afternoon I'm trading the G26 and my beater Taurus 1911 for the Sig. As I got both guns for good prices, I'll end up with about $800 in the Tac Ops which makes me pretty happy. My buddy will also do well on this swap as both guns I'm trading are worth more on the market than I have in them.

I'm very impressed by the Sig Carry I picked up a while back as it's a really good shooter and digests every JHP I've tried. I expect the new one to be the same and from the research I've done it will eat any ammo. Never had a railed 1911 before and while I don't use the rail much - I don't mind having one 1911 so equipped. Here's a stock picture...

Attached Files:

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Glad to see you lose the Glock, now I can speak to you again.

With the rail on your new 1911 I guess the only question is does Santa get you a laser or a bayonet. :rolleyes:

3. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Great trade. I did something similar when I traded a Taurus Tracker and a Kel-tec pf9 for my Colt Defender.

Let us know how it shoots.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Bayonet WITH laser Jo!

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

A mall ninja after my own heart.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

How's the slide to frame fit Dave? Any side to side play? Looks like a quality piece and I know that Sig does a good job with their weapons before they leave the assembly plant.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Got home from the swap and broke it down to check everything out. This is one very smooth pistol and the fit & finish is every bit as good as the Dan Wesson I had. The slide operates like it's on roller bearings and the trigger is exceptionally good and set around 4-5 lbs I'd guess. If this one shoots anywhere near as well as the Nitron Carry I got a while back - I will be very happy...

[​IMG]

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Great lookimg Sig. You had a good trade!

9. jca1

jca1 New Member

Looks very nice.

I'm kinda interested in one of the new SW 1911 E series

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Good to know that Sig is still producing quality pieces. Looks like you got yourself a good trade there NGIB. Congrats on the newest addition.

What's the over under and how long he will keep this one guys?? :p

JD

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Nice trade my firend but where's the bayonet?

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

i give it two weeks

13. DinkyDauDon

DinkyDauDon New Member

If it shoots as well as mine, he'll probably hang on to it for quite awhile.

[​IMG]

14. NGIB

NGIB New Member

While I used to trade just for the sake of trading (it's fun), as of late I have been going after particular guns. More of a quality over quantity issue. I've been after this gun for near 3 weeks and finally acquired the correct trading material. It's quite possible that this one will wear the TLR-2 and do duty as my bedroom gun - which is why I wanted one railed 1911 - to provide that option. My P220 fit this need but I still shoot 1911s better than DA/SA guns. Besides, this is a real pretty one and will look good when I don my tactical ninja gear...:D

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The one serious drawback I can see to Sig 1911s - and railed Sig 1911s in particular is holster selection. While I won't carry this one as a defensive gun I like to have a range holster for all my guns. I was rummaging through the holster box last night (again) and I found an old leather Bianchi thumb break for a full-size 1911. With a little work, I'll be able to stretch this one out a tad to make it acceptable...

16. user4

user4 New Member

I''ll give you $850 for it.

17. NGIB

NGIB New Member

No thanks pardner, what would I do with cash???

18. user4

user4 New Member

SIG is my brand. I want the 556 and the 1911 in a real bad way, but apparently there is this movement against letting broke mofos have inexpensive quality arms.

19. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I want a 226 Blackwater with the 20 round mags.

Why?

This is why :D :

[​IMG]

20. diagnostic

diagnostic New Member

congrats Man! I found this forum doing some research on the 1911 tac. I also have a sig carry in stainless, and was at the range tonight looking at that exact pistol. Plans are to go pick it up tomorrow.
    Enjoy!!