Firearms Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking it over and decided on a 45 acp. No I'm not getting a 1911. I do have plans for carry and have no problem with a full size. SIG p220 looks good but I'd like to have alternatives. Has to be a decocker model. That's more or less my only criteria. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, if someone came up with a double stack that didn't feel like a brick, that be nice.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Check out the H&K .45acp. It's a really nice piece and has the features you're looking for. It's a little pricey, but so's a Sig.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Take a look at the M&P and XD/XDm pistols. They're striker fired so there's no decocker but the M&P can be had with a thumb safety.

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
I have really enjoyed my XD45 with the 5" geezer barrel, but it has no chickenpicker.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
DA/SA is just my preference because I don't think I picked up any other kind until a year after I started and good God it felt weird. SAO, striker, didn't matter. I just like decockers because I hate safeties. 97 and witness aren't sounding to bad.

·
Registered
430 Posts
CZ's are the firearms industries best kept secret. I like it that way too, they are not around every corner because they are not trendy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
- Not a 1911
- Decocker
- Full size but for carry

Hmmm... sounds like you had it right the first time with P220.

The CZ 97BD is going to be considerably heavier than the P220. 41 oz for the steel framed 97BD, compared to the aluminum framed P220's 30 oz with empty mag.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
The Bersa Ultra Concealed Pro is a compact. But it is a double stack. It has a decocker. 8 rounds of .45 in a compact package. Very reliable. Quite accurate. Very good gun.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oli700 said:
Yeah but if you can reach deep down inside and cope with the extra 11 ounces then you will have a softer shooting, smoother shooting pistol for roughly $200 less….I have shot them side by side and that’s my take anyway, for the record the Sig is super sweet, I just think the 97 is a better bang for the buck
I know a shop that does machining on guns. Do you think the dust cover is thick enough to have a rail cut in?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I know a shop that does machining on guns. Do you think the dust cover is thick enough to have a rail cut in?

I wouldn’t want to guess either way on that , I didn’t even see it taken apart.....sorry for what its worth I own a CZ 75 SP-01 with the factory arail and it seems thicker than the 97 was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts