next pistol....

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Jusselin, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

ok so i have narrowed it down to a 1911 (not sure wich one) or a desert eagle (not sure which cal.)

so narrowing it down to those two pistols....both being single action hand guns and both being very well recommended which one would you guys get and why....i am leaning towards the D.eagle but not sure, i would like both in my collection but i can only get one right nowso i was wondering if you guys could chime in on your honest opinions about the two different pistols, and help me come to a decision

2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I would recommend the 1911 over the Desert Eagle because of the sheer versatility of the 1911. The 1911 has been setting the standard since the early 1900s, and will continue to set the standard for a long time.

The Desert Eagle can be a fun-type gun and it's popularity can be attributed mostly to it's presence in hollywood cinema. The weapon itself can be finicky at times, and the handling isn't the greatest. Since you already have a large bore handgun, you may want to wait before purchasing another. They tend to be really expensive to feed.

A good 1911 is always a pleasure to shoot, and will serve you well in the defensive department. If "modding" a pistol is your thing, you'll be happy to know that there is a huge aftermarket base for the 1911 platform. A 1911 can be customized literally thousands of ways.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Get this one!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__JkOUheyVk]YouTube - Desert Eagle .50[/ame]

4. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

and not so much for the d. eagle?

5. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

haha yeah 50 cal is sweet i mean what do you expect for a half inch shell

6. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

i've got a para-ordnance 1911, model 16-40 limited two tones....forget the two tones lolol. but i can say they're well made and very nicely designed.

pretty good trigger out of the box, not exactly cheap, but to me one of the best 1911 plateform. you dont need to much extra work to get a very descent shooter.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Jusselin, I think I speak for everyone here. You ARE the desert eagle .50!

A gun so awesome it even looks good in chick's hands!

1de.jpg

1dedm.jpg

Be the AWESOMENESS!

8. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Took the words right out of my mouth.

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's not just some chick, that's Demi Moore and she's hot... :D

10. WDB

WDB New Member

DE .50 is the best choice...if you had to ask but I expect you already know.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Dude why would you want to own one of the oldest semiauto designs out there it is old and out of date. The DE on the other hand is on the cutting edge of pistol technology with is massive triangle barrel (Years before Remington came out with it) and that rotating bolt on the DE is the mcskizzle i mean that is just like a bolt action rifle or a-15 and we all know that bolt guns and ar are the most accurate platforms out there. So this is and forever will be the most accurate hand gun on the market. The weight is really needed when letting lose that howitzer sized 50 ae round. The 500 smith has nothing on that sucker. I have fired the DE in 50 ae before and that right there is a real mans pistol. The one I shot was not the cool gold version but the old man chrome one. With 8 rounds at the ready that is much better than the 5 piddley smith mag rounds. Because we all know that the more ammo you have the better because you don't need to change mags in the middle of a gun fight (rent a cop explained this one so well).

Plus Desert Eagle it is what all the ninjas have.

12. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I can verify this...

13. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

i dont know if you guys are being serious or not lol especially since cane lives and dies by the 1911, but i am still doing my research before i buy one.....they both come with their benefits, while the DE is badass and the .50 cal would be a monster, the 1911 has the moding capabilities that i desire in a gun.... does the eagle really have a whole lot i can do to it after i buy it?

14. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I can't keep this up. If you are seriously considering buying a Desert Eagle, then you watch too much T.V. First off, The average cost is over $1200, and the ammo is outrageously priced. The sum-bish weighs 18 pounds...empty...It might function as an expensive club... I can't believe anyone would seriously consider buying one. Have you actually held one? Unless you're Andre the Damn Giant, it's just not practical. I'm not trying to flame you, but someone had to tell you.

15. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

i was thinking about a DE just to add to the collection, just to collect and say i had one....not to carry one me, basically i am in it too collect, just to add one to the collection, and i am well aware of how much they cost, cost wasnt an issue

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Not much moding can be done to a 1911 unless you are a decent gunsmith. You may be able to replace the slide but it still needs to be fitted same with triggers and hammers along with just about any part on it. they all need to be fitted to your 1911.

With the modular design on the DE you can get 6 or 10" barrels in all three calibers and have 6 different pistols for not that much money over all. If you were to buy 6 1911 of the same quality and gold platted like a top end de you would be spending well over $20,000 for for the kit from Magnum Research only $4,000 that is really not much in the schem of guns. Shoot my 308 set me back $7,000.

With the right holster they are really easy to CCW you jsut need a good quality shoulder holster.

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

* busted *

The DE is for shooters with a small penis.

Case-in-point, Madison Lee. (Demi Moore)

"...does the eagle really have a whole lot i can do to it after i buy it?" Boat anchor? Expensive door stop? Expensive ammo trash can? ............................

The 11101110111 in condition one and only!

18. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

If you do decide to get a Desert Eagle, I would recommend getting a .44 magnum so you can share the ammo with your Taurus (cheaper in the long run).

In the end, it's your collection, not ours. Get what you want and like. Just make sure you are clear on each of the firearms capabilities/weaknesses/strengths/etc.....

19. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

well that is what i am trying to find out here what are the pros and cons with the 1911 vs. DE

i know there are die hard 1911 fanboys here and swear by that gun, honestly its a gun i had never heard of until getting into the mix, th DE how ever is widely known, and is a huge nasty cool looking gun and was the only real reason i was interested in finding more out about that gun

20. Highpower

Highpower New Member

So stop TALKIN about it, and buy them both! That's what real "collectors" do ya know.... :D