Next Gen gaming systems are coming!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by colmustard, Jun 12, 2013.

1. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Alright you fellow gamers what will it be? E3 is on and a lot of news has been brought to us! So PS4, Xbox One, WiiU or multiple?

I am a Nintendo fan and will always have their system, but I also like to have on of the other ones too. This past gen I had the Xbox 360 and Wii.

But this time around I will be going with the PS4 and WiiU. PS4 just seems to be more focused on the games unlike the new Xbox. The new Xbox seems to have a ton of restrictions and DRM.

So what about you? :D

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

If I get one it will be a PS4. The Xbox is to intrusive and the WiiU seems outdated already and the games are more kid focused.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Sony products all the way!! The new Xbox is going to have a restriction on it to not let used games be played on it!!! Another bonus is Sony doesn't charge you to play online and I know you pay only once a year for Xbox live. I've always liked Sony products. I had the first Xbox and traded that in on the Wii.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I am a PC guy myself. I would probably buy a PS4 if I was inclined towards game systems.

5. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I've been a PlayStation guy since I was 5. I had the 2 and 3. This last Christmas I got a 360 cause my PS3 is about to die, already had to replace the laser reader. I've been really happy with the 360. I watched Microsofts press conference and the games they showed looks great, but the Xbox One is gonna flop. I didn't see Sonys conference but read the highlights. If anything I'm gonna get the PS4, but the new stuff for Gold members on 360 sound awesome. Free game downloads!

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My daughter has a Wii and my granddaughter and I play Mario World and Mario Kart a LOT!! I hate losing to a 7 year old but I do quite often. :eek:

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I wouldn't really pick any of them. I'd go PC instead. (since that seems to be what Microsoft and Sony are trying to make anyways. Not sure about the Nintendo. The Wii never really impressed me)

At this point though, I find myself playing less games and watching almost no TV. I just put a ton of old games on Ebay. Gives me more ammo money. :D

8. rurak

rurak New Member

Ps4 hands down

9. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I do enjoy PC games myself. But as far as consoles go, PS4 seems to really smack xbox in the face. I don't like how the xbox has to have internet connection to play, also I don't like how it will not play used games or a friends game. It seems the gaming companies are getting so greedy. Also how the xbox watches you all the time and listens to you all the time is creepy, why would I pay to have someone monitor me? Just a bummer because I really like my 360.

10. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I could be mistaken but I thought the ps4 online network had a monthly fee.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's a Possibility for the ps4, guarantee for the Xbox.
    As it stands I'm holding off on moving to the ps4 until the bugs are worked out and people actually know what they are getting. The graphics will be amazing.
    Backwards compatibility is unlikely and it looks like it will be social network based. If Facebook is required I'm done.
    If a camera and mic are required I'm done.
    I'm not into games enough to have an easily accessible spy in my house.

12. Yunus

Yunus New Member

The camera/mic for the ps4 are a separate purchase so its not required for the psn but certain games may need it. Either way its not permanently on like the xbox.

13. colmustard

colmustard New Member

The PS4 will have a fee for online play, but it will be around what people pay now for xbox live. But it will still be worth it, because I am sure it will have a better security system than the free PS3 version had which got hacked. Plus 1 mountainman13 on not buying a system that spies on you. That is one of the biggest reasons I am not getting an xbox, plus Microsoft says they will have rights to whatever they learn about you and therefore sell to other companies for marketing info. I find no reason to pay for a system in which they will make money off of spying on me, they should at least make it free LOL!

As far as backward capability goes neither will have it sadly, but the WiiU does!

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm not paying a fee for online play. As it is most games are $60, then you need to buy the online pass $10, then they come out with more content another $30. By the time you get into the game and realize you don't like it you're out $100. You bring it back to the store and they buy it back for $12.
    Add a monthly fee to this and subtract the $12 return because they want to move everything to download only and when your ps4 craps out in a year you're out $1000+.
    I'll buy ammo instead.

15. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox New Member

PS4 definitely. I think Microsoft is goin down the crapper with the Xbox One. No way am I gonna be online the whole time. Sony for the win at only $399

16. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Neither is perfect. I hate that our PC games can't be shared between my son and I. Why the consoles allow it and PC doesn't is beyond me. Sounds like paying for online with PS will end up costing you as much as the XBox. Bummed Destiny got launched with the PS even though it will be on both systems. Due to the Halo franchise, I know my son will buy the Xbox, so I get a free system and Halo :)

I think there will be some more minor tweaks before launch on both systems though. Stay tuned.

17. rurak

rurak New Member

I used to be a big PC gamer but theybare so damned expensive. At least the consoles never need hardware upgrades. When you build a PC it is already obsolete :(

18. FL-panhandle

FL-panhandle New Member

I was an old Atari gamer, then Nintendo, then switched over to Playstation. Huge Battlefield and Call of Duty fan. PS4 all the way. Looks like XBox is shooting themselves in the foot with there requirements.

19. rurak

rurak New Member

Battlefield 3 is still amazing

20. colmustard

colmustard New Member

What are some games you guys are looking forward to?
    My list so far.

1. Battlefield 4
    2. Watchdogs
    3. The order 1886
    4. Mario cart 8
    5. Gran Turismo 6

Also The Last of Us looks really good, but I do not have a PS3.