Newspaper chain plans 'state-by-state' concealed weapon databases

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Overkill0084, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/2...ld-state-by-state-concealed-weapon-databases/

They are denying it, but I guess we'll just have wait & see if they are dumb enough to try it. One would think that they would've learned from the last idiots who thought this was a good idea.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

From their home page;

Statement from the CEO

Civitas Media never had any plans or intentions of publishing in print or online lists of holders of “conceal and carry” permits. Nor will Civitas Media develop databases of permit holders. A poorly crafted internal memo meant to highlight editorial discussions and planning incorrectly indicated that such a database was being planned; it has been considered and rejected.

Michael C. Bush, CEO

The good news is even the left is afraid of the consequences of such stupid behavior

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Translation to plain English:

waffle.jpg

4. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Yep, pretty much.

The fact that we're even discussing this leads me to feel that data on concealed weapons permit holders should no longer be public.

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It is very funny that Civitas Media would take the name of a long standing conservative think tank. What I am seeing Civitas Media was formed in 2013 with the merger of over 100 newspapers. Apparently they intend to form digital news sources from failing hard copy newspapers.

Civitas Media is doing all it can to reassure everyone concerned that they have no intention of forming such a database. From this side of the hill, if it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, it is a rat.

I realize the Civitas Institute has no exclusive rights to the name Civitas. It just makes me wonder....

6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It's been done once and if Civitas backs off somebody else will try to do it...if just to stir up publicity. If there are grounds for legal action the NRA-ILA will figure it out. In the meantime I don't care what they do. They can publish directions to my house if they want to, whoever comes here univited is gonna get their head blown off.

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Sounds like a great plan except for one thing: not all states make this information a matter of public record:

http://ballotpedia.org/Public_access_to_concealed_carry_lists

Thankfully my state does NOT allow this information to be public. So. while these idiot journalists attempt to compile their lists from the usual suspect moronic states (NY, MD, CA et al) we can marvel that America's most bragged-about state, the one where firearms freedoms are "all that "and everybody else sucks - yes, Bucky, that would be Texas - allows the names to be released! Yee-ha! :p

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Pay back is a *****. Post personal information of all their executives throughout social media. This was done a few years ago after a paper listed gun owners on a map. We can do it again.

9. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

All this is a reaction to nutty people killing innocent people, now thats crazy! They really are saying every citizen must be treated like they are insane until proven otherwise! Assumption is the mother of all Phuck ups, their assumptions this time are going to backfire like an old Alice Chalmers.

They really arent used to us fighting back. For the evil murderous critters we are portrayed as, weve not been very vocal until now. Thats been changing, people that have been generally accepting of FOOG until now but anti 2a is bigger than forced inoculations and required permits for things other than Firearms.

We move from one extreme to another pretty quickly now a days. The 2A debate blew right through any thoughts of consensus to your a criminal because I say you are if you dont agree with me. Thats a bridge too far, they are gonna pay for this bridge to nowhere like no bridge they ever bought!

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

*whistle*

5 yard penalty for mixed metaphors.

:p

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The media is being used to strip us of our rights in so many ways it's not funny. The Obama administration is trying every trick in the book to create support for an anti gun agenda. Obama dug Snoop Dog out of the ashes to produce a song called "No Guns Allowed." I don't know how Obama expects anyone to accept that after Snoop has produced album after album advocating gun violence. Not to mention he is felon with a long history of using a gun to solve his problems.

Then we have this traitor, Andrew Cuomo says Firearm Advocates, Among Others, "Have No Place in the State of New York"

"Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves," Cuomo said. "Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are and they're the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that's not who New Yorkers are."

Exactly what does Andrew Cuomo have in mind? Starting another civil war? People think the Civil War was about slavery but that is a distortion. Only 1.6% of southerners owned and used slaves. The civil war was about tyranny and states rights. No one on either side really gave a damn about the negroes.

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

We need fear nothing.

WE only have to make the producers of this list of

CCW holders show THEIR records, AS WE ALL FREELY HAVE.

WE have no history of Domestic Violence
    WE have no history of Drug Abuse
    WE have no history of Alcoholism
    WE have a clear Police Record

... BECAUSE that's what it takes to hold a CCW permit,

IN ANY STATE.

WHY are we AFRAID of a bunch of wife-beaters, alcoholics,

criminals, and JUNKIES?

Because they are compiling a LIST?

LET'S make a LIST of who and what they are,

and watch how fast they whistle another tune...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  13. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Thankfully my Sheriff would tell them to piss off.No way would he allow that if it were to happen.

14. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

I'm sorry but I see putting law abiding permit holder's info public the same as registered sex offenders info is public.I would be one of the first to slap a lawsuit as well.

15. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

therewolf did you read the other concerns? Why would you want everyone to know you have guns in your house? A quick run to the store and forgetting to lock your home could cost you and insurance won't cover it.

If you don't use dead bolts on EVERY door your home is likely accessible without breaking and entering.

16. robocop10mm

How in the heck do you equate the two? Sex offenders are by definition CRIMINALS! Publishing lists of LAW ABIDING permit holders is the same, how?

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this line of thinking?

17. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Florida isn't by statute. Petition your local reprehensibles and get them to change legislation to make your records private except for LEOs.

18. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Gun owners by most of todays Liberal society are seen criminals .Why else would a Liberal newspaper want to list gun names and addresses of gun owners?=Because they see us as a potential "danger" to society and the community.They want to "alert" to the public "Look,he has a permit,and guns,watch out for him!"I think you misunderstood me.
    It's not the way I think,it's the way THEY THINK.
    How would you feel if you went to your Sheriff or city police's website and there was a list of gun owners and permit holders with YOUR PICTURE,YOUR ADDRESS on it for all the PUBLIC to see?Why else would they want to put permit holders and gun owners info for the public to see if they are not also seen as criminals?Walking down the street open carrying a Glock 17 will get me detained and put in handcuffs and shoved in the backseat of a cop car where I live ,even though I've done nothing wrong and broken no laws since open carry is legal here.
    Do you get what I'm saying now?Why do gun owners in most states have to register their firearms even though they have done nothing wrong?If it were up to me,and I was in charge,Constitutional Carry would be the law of the land NATIONWIDE.If you can legally own a firearm,you can carry it nationwide no matter what state as written in the Constitution.Our Founders wrote our permit over 200 years ago.
    It's not my line of thinking,it's their line of thinking.Hopefully this clears this up.

19. robocop10mm

Gotcha. Understanding Libtard "thought process" is extremely difficult for mee. Just wanted to make sure you were not trolling

20. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

It is not necessarily the "thought process" of the libs but the message they want delivered.

list -> sex offenders
    list -> gun owners

they must all be criminals.