Newest Toy LC9

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by pancakestud, Dec 1, 2012.

1. pancakestud

pancakestud New Member

Picked up this is lil thing today . Hoping it works well for me. Hitting the range in the am so wish me luck

image-2673293595.jpg

2. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

pancakestud????...sweet name? lmao!

..........I here it's a great pistol..congrats!

3. pancakestud

pancakestud New Member

HAHA. Nickname at work -pancake

Wife's nickname for me -Stud

Sounded good at the time ..Thanks

4. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Nice, I really like mine, it's my EDC. Should work out well fir you as well.

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

What model did you get? I picked up the NRA Special Edition last Wednesday. Haven't got out to shoot it yet.

6. pancakestud

pancakestud New Member

Just the standard LC9 nothing to fancy. My EDC is a Glock 26 and I've carried it for about 3 years now , so I thought I'd try mixing thing up and trying a new carry gun. Trying to find a new holster as we speak

7. marc29th

marc29th New Member

It's a lot thinner than the Glock 26 so you may be able to pocket carry

ForumRunner_20121201_192210.jpg

Or IWB

ForumRunner_20121201_192320.jpg

I do both depending on clothing and what I'm doing that day.

8. pancakestud

pancakestud New Member

What brand is the kydex holster ??

9. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I got the kydex holster from a guy who made it on eBay along with a kydex mag holder. So no brand name, but a great design and very easy to wear.

10. pancakestud

pancakestud New Member

Was it just a one time deal or does he still make them. Would like his contact if u have it ?

11. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Walleyp was the sellers name on eBay. I can't get the page to come up on my phone or I'd send a link.

12. pancakestud

pancakestud New Member

So I just put about 50 rounds thru the LC9 and I'm getting this every so often

image-1973324247.jpg

image-4095459000.jpg

When it should look like this..

image-416285457.jpg

Which it still fires the rounds off but still I know it's shouldn't be doing this. Should I be concerned or should I continue with the break in period ???

13. pancakestud

pancakestud New Member

And forgot to add that when the slide doesn't go all the way forward I tried just giving it a little push forward and will not budge at all

14. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Did you give it a cleaning before taking it to the range? If so there might be a bur on the rail keeping the slide from fully coming back?

15. magnumman

magnumman New Member

The lc9 is a decent little gun but it wasn't for me. I sold mine to my brother and bought a 442 smith. Yes I know, I went from 9mm to 38sp an lost 2 rounds but I handle the revolver much better I can conseal it better as well. My brother loves it and carries it every day. As for it not going into battery, I never had that problem. What ammo are you using?

16. pancakestud

pancakestud New Member

Yes I gave a good cleaning and oiled it up I will check for a burr or something like that. As for Ammo I was using several kinds some reloads that I do and some Winchester white box . It seem to be doing it on both types of ammo

17. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

That's gotta be frustrating. New gun and all.

18. 2ndfan

2ndfan New Member

I hope your issue resolves easily. I bought an LC9 that I pick up a week from tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it!

19. danolator

danolator New Member

I picked up the LC9 a couple weeks ago shortly after selling my LCP to a LEO. I like the gun, but the rear sight almost fell off during the first range visit. A little loctite and it took the next 100 rounds just fine. It takes a while to group consistently, but is consistent in critical mass 10 yards and in. That's why I sold the pea shooter and got it. Now for all the safety overkill. The round in the chamber indicator is kind of hokey but tolerable, the thumb safety is really not necessary with that long trigger pull, it won't fire with a dropped mag, and what's up with that stupid little key lock? She's been California-ized.

20. johnr43

johnr43 New Member

Mine did this when new but went away after a break in period. Can't remember how long - but wasn't long.