Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
pancakestud????...sweet name? lmao!

..........I here it's a great pistol..congrats!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just the standard LC9 nothing to fancy. My EDC is a Glock 26 and I've carried it for about 3 years now , so I thought I'd try mixing thing up and trying a new carry gun. Trying to find a new holster as we speak

·
Registered
667 Posts
I got the kydex holster from a guy who made it on eBay along with a kydex mag holder. So no brand name, but a great design and very easy to wear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
marc29th said:
I got the kydex holster from a guy who made it on eBay along with a kydex mag holder. So no brand name, but a great design and very easy to wear.
Was it just a one time deal or does he still make them. Would like his contact if u have it ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I just put about 50 rounds thru the LC9 and I'm getting this every so often

Automotive tire Camera accessory Personal protective equipment Grass Auto part

Wood Tree Tints and shades Trunk Grass

When it should look like this..

Automotive tire Fender Gas Automotive exterior Bumper

Which it still fires the rounds off but still I know it's shouldn't be doing this. Should I be concerned or should I continue with the break in period ???

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And forgot to add that when the slide doesn't go all the way forward I tried just giving it a little push forward and will not budge at all

·
Registered
667 Posts
Did you give it a cleaning before taking it to the range? If so there might be a bur on the rail keeping the slide from fully coming back?

·
Registered
544 Posts
The lc9 is a decent little gun but it wasn't for me. I sold mine to my brother and bought a 442 smith. Yes I know, I went from 9mm to 38sp an lost 2 rounds but I handle the revolver much better I can conseal it better as well. My brother loves it and carries it every day. As for it not going into battery, I never had that problem. What ammo are you using?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I gave a good cleaning and oiled it up I will check for a burr or something like that. As for Ammo I was using several kinds some reloads that I do and some Winchester white box . It seem to be doing it on both types of ammo

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
That's gotta be frustrating. New gun and all.

·
Registered
41 Posts
pancakestud said:
Yes I gave a good cleaning and oiled it up I will check for a burr or something like that. As for Ammo I was using several kinds some reloads that I do and some Winchester white box . It seem to be doing it on both types of ammo
I hope your issue resolves easily. I bought an LC9 that I pick up a week from tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I picked up the LC9 a couple weeks ago shortly after selling my LCP to a LEO. I like the gun, but the rear sight almost fell off during the first range visit. A little loctite and it took the next 100 rounds just fine. It takes a while to group consistently, but is consistent in critical mass 10 yards and in. That's why I sold the pea shooter and got it. Now for all the safety overkill. The round in the chamber indicator is kind of hokey but tolerable, the thumb safety is really not necessary with that long trigger pull, it won't fire with a dropped mag, and what's up with that stupid little key lock? She's been California-ized.

·
Registered
100 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts