Newest purchase

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Down_Town_Dalton, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Down_Town_Dalton

Down_Town_Dalton New Member

Been wanting one for a while so very pleased to finally bring one home. 5.25 xdM and all the goodies !! Can't wait to make a range trip !

image-2761336756.jpg

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats! Should be fun.

3. Down_Town_Dalton

Thanks! I'm excited I just need to work on my recoil management. When I shoot my glock 19 I still struggle with my follow up shots, hope I can get it figured out.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Hard to say without seeing you shoot, but in my opinion most recoil management problems stem from a bad grip. Here's some videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38EZBw49Ibw&feature=youtube_gdata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQb8j_hXnM&feature=youtube_gdata

Basically it comes down to a high firm grip on the pistol.

5. Down_Town_Dalton

I'm gonna take a look at those videos when I get off work, I appreciate the feedback !

6. Hunnicutt

Hunnicutt New Member

What was the biggest selling point for you?

7. Down_Town_Dalton

I worked at gander mountain about a year ago and held one for the first time. I really liked how it felt in my hands. I'm a huge fan of extras when it comes to firearms and Springfield goes above and beyond. I love the three magazines it came with, the holster, the magazine holster, the mag loader, the hard case and the best part is the lifetime warranty !

8. Hunnicutt

Hunnicutt New Member

That's a pretty good selling point, or points. When I ask that question often I get in response something about how it feels in the hand. Have you fired one before you bought yours?

9. Down_Town_Dalton

I have not. If everything goes as planned, we have a range date set for tomorrow!

10. Hunnicutt

Hunnicutt New Member

11. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Bought the same pistol last night. Whole case full of goodies. I don't get mine until Monday night due to IL law. Plan to shoot mine in production division for USPSA. Have you got out to shoot yet?

12. Down_Town_Dalton

So far I've only got one range trip with it and I honestly think I'm too novice of a shooter to give an accurate or reliable range report. I need to find someone close to home that can go with to the range and show me some proper technique (stance and recoil management mainly)

13. Palms

Palms Member

Purchased one at BP on Thanksgiving w/great discounts. FL law doesn't allow me to pick up till Wed. Want to NRA pro-marksman and Marksman qualify on first range visit. Love the feel, love the look, hope shoots as expected.

14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Glad I moved to GA, pass your Federal background check and take your gun home.