Newest addition to collection - need to learn more

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by PrimePorkchop, Aug 11, 2013.

1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

This is my personal first revolver. My grandfather owned several that I got to shoot, but I was much younger, and really don't remember much other than shooting them.

.44mag Taurus Tracker

I want to learn much more about it ... maintenance, care, fine tuning, etc.

At first glance, I expected the cylinder to be smoother...this one spins, but not without effort...is there a way to smooth things out to make it shoot as fine as possible?

Any information for a first time revolver owner is most appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

I have the .44 mag Tracker with 4" barrel, and I love the grip, the weight, the fit and finish, the trigger, and the way it shoots.

I have done nothing to mine and it shoots great,
    Just keep it cleanand oil on the cylinder shaft, and shoot it .

[​IMG]

Jim

3. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Well...i've been sitting here cleaning it, and I just saw this happen...the finish started peeling while I was wiping it with my rag......

This is a brand new firearm....please tell me this will be covered by the warranty.

Attached Files:

4. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Hmmmm, looks a lot like the 357 Tracker, an excellent fire arm, accurate and a great trigger.

Jim

[​IMG]

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats on your revolver. I love wheel guns, possibly more than any other type of gun.

Not sure what to tell you about your finish flaking away issue. I know Taurus has a very good warranty, so if I were you I'd call them and ask. I think I recall finishes aren't covered though...

Actually, just found it. It says it doesn't cover cosmetic defects after one year. You should be good.

http://www.taurususa.com/repair-policy.cfm

Good luck!

6. austin92

austin92 New Member

Trade it in on a ruger :)

7. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

LMAO! Funny enough the choice came down to a ruger and Taurus. I decided to sleep on it, came back the next day and the Ruger was gone.

I'm still happy w/ the Taurus though =)

As long as they fix my flaking finish :mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

.And, welcome to the wonderful world of Taurus quality control.

9. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

yes have to admit im rather pissed thay i have barely owned my firearm for 24 hours when i find out i have to send it in for warranty work

taurus customer service was great up to the point they actually tried convincing me this is going to happen after so long anyways amd did i really want to go through all this because of a small mark

yes. i do. if you go buy a new car, are you willing to pay full sticker if you see there are key marks already on it? its bound to happen anyways!

im shipping it in ... god knows how long it will be before i ever get it back

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Gratz PPC, not a big Taurus fan myself but their wheelguns do have a cult like following so there's something to be said for that...

The finish thing would bother me too, if it's gonna get scuffed up, you want to be the one doing the scuffin'! :p

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

I wish you the best. I ordered replacement sights for my PT140 (mind you I said ORDERED - they weren't covered under warranty) several months ago and haven't received them yet. That story is worthy of a whole 'nother thread. Not gonna go into there.

I hope your warranty work is fast and complete.

12. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

So they're telling me I'm looking at a few months to get my firearm back.

I'm beside myself, lol.

I asked if they could just mail me a new trigger and I'd do it myself.

No. That'd be too easy. They have to make me lose sleep over my purchase when I should have listened to my wife and bought the damn ruger the day before.