Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to stop in and say HI!!!

I've just gotton bit by the Gun bug. Its only been a few months and I have 2 handguns, have registered for a Handgun Safety class, and got my card to carry consealed here in this wonderful state.
I'm pretty excited about the 2 day Handgun class. It will be split between classroom and range. I'd like to find more classes simular to this one, especially those that cover live fire situations.
I began with plans just to buy something for the home. Now I don't leave home without being armed.

I've been through a few of the forums briefly and have already found ALOT of new information. I'm sure I'll have some questions down the road. Already looking into the next purchase:D

Hopefully the misses will understand. If not does anyone have an extra bedroom for me???:D

·
Banned
6,964 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The misses is complaining again.....not only about the cash out for the guns, but now I'm on the web looking/reading about guns and ammo. :D

My first was a Beretta 92. I bought this from a life long buddy of mine. Got holster, 8 clips, 3 boxes of rounds, and small locking case.
Next came, a lil Taurus Ultra-Lite 38 Special, 2" barrel, 5 shot. Damn friends.;)

I'm now looking for something subcompact. The Beretta pulls my pants down. I've carried it in several different positions and holster styles. Another sack of $$$$ out the door on holsters.:D But nothing concealled very well.

The sleak 5 shot, carries nicely but...I'm not able to load very quickly. I've been practicing with spead loader.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The misses is complaining again.....not only about the cash out for the guns, but now I'm on the web looking/reading about guns and ammo. :D

My first was a 9mm Beretta. I bought this from a life long buddy of mine. Got holster, 8 clips, 3 boxes of rounds, and small locking case.
Next came, a lil Taurus 38, 2" barrel, 5 shot. Damn friends.;)

I'm now looking for something subcompact. The Beretta pulls my pants down. I've carried it in several different positions and holster styles. Another sack of $$$$ out the door on holsters.:D But nothing concealled very well.

The sleak 5 shot, carries nicely but...I'm not able to load very quickly. I've been practicing with spead loader.
looks like we are in the same boat here is wat i did
sat her down and told her i loved gunz more than her and gave her 5 kids to take up here time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like we are in the same boat here is wat i did
sat her down and told her i loved gunz more than her and gave her 5 kids to take up here time

LOL:D That very funny.
But this line won't work on my misses. Besides, she brings home the larger paycheck.:eek:
She's reallybeen pretty good so far....buying guns, holsters, cases, ammo, spead loaders, small safe, 2 day class...I think she's doing better than I would if she came home with more shoes/purses/etc several days each week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There for a while my wife and I had a deal. When she wanted to buy a ring or some other jewelry, I got to buy a gun and loading gear for the caliber. Now that she is retired (I am too) she doesn't buy jewelry like she used to! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There for a while my wife and I had a deal. When she wanted to buy a ring or some other jewelry, I got to buy a gun and loading gear for the caliber. Now that she is retired (I am too) she doesn't buy jewelry like she used to! :)
hmmm, nice deal....I'll have to work on that one. We've only been together for just over 2 years so I still have much to learn in this marriage thing.
Thank you oh Wise One.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts