Newby here! S&w j frame or keltek p11

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by badshot1, May 13, 2012.

1. badshot1

badshot1 New Member

$$ tight. Have a chance to get one of them for conceal carry... Any advise??

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

J frame. Accuracy and reliability trump magazine capacity for ccw.

3. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

When that j frame trigger is in single action mode that trigger is like snapping an icicle!

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I carried a turus 85ss for 20 years and then a pf-9 for 2 1/2. I shoot 2000 rounds thru mine with not a single problem. Both good guns, BUT, if you have no experence with small light fairly heavy recoiling pistols the pf-9 can be a handfull then buy a well used J frame. One with no or a protected hammer if you can. price will still be a bit higher but a good gun. It will work in the pocket or iwb and you can change grips to a hogue soft rubber grip if needed. DO NOT shoot a revolver SA if buy'n for a defence pistol. Bad habit to get into. If you buy a pf-9 get a old bike skinny tire inner tube and cut several pieces for the grip to help with control. Pieces can be 1/2", 7/8", 1 1/4" and 2" trim to fit. Bigger over smaller. It does help ,atleast during yours and the pistols break in time. PF-9 cost at a LGS for 240 bucks is hard to beat.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Between the two, I'd take the Smith.