newbie to forum with question

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by dolecs, Nov 13, 2013.

1. dolecs

dolecs New Member

Hello everyone, my name is Chris I am from western new York. Very interested in rifle shooting, especially long range. I shoot a Remington sendero sf2 in a. 264 win mag with a Burris fullfield 2 6.5x20x50mm scope.

My first question for this forum is this, I want to put a adjustable cheek piece on my rifle but wanted to possibly hear some feedback on this before I start drilling holes for one in my stock. Is it possible with my stock? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I agree with Dan. Among your options are getting different scope rings to lower your scope if you have the room to still clear the objective lens. There are also cheek pieces that strap onto the stock which would not permanently alter the gun.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have to agree with Dan as well. there are multitudes of aftermarket stocks for the M700 platform in all ranges of price. surely there is something out there that will fit your needs.

if anything, purchase a used stock like yours and modify it, leaving your original one stock. that way you don't devalue the rifle with a bubbafied DIY stock.

5. dolecs

dolecs New Member

I don't have any room to lower the rings, I got a cheek pad from black hawk but even tightened all the way down, it's loose, I'll have to keep looking around for different pads, didn't want to spend $400+ on a new stock but I'll look into used ones, thanks guys

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

Welcome to the forum, from Kalifornia.

Good luck with your rifle.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Try putting some foam or other material between the stock and the cheek pad.

8. indy36

indy36 New Member

Depending on how much extra comb height you need Beretta sells a stick on gel pad that actually sticks without screwing up wood stocks in two thicknesses. I have one. It can be ordered on Beretta's website under accessories.

9. indy36

indy36 New Member

Maybe something like this? By Bradley.
    image-2163225544.jpg

Or these?

image-1973175268.jpg
    image-3451148477.jpg

10. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Go to the drug store and buy one of those cloth elasticized arm or wrist bands, Cut foam pieces the appropriate size to fit under it and slip it over the butt. I've done this and it worked well for around $6.00.

11. dolecs

dolecs New Member

I like the Bradley idea!!!!