Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the forum, and also new to the world of firearms. I recently purchased a .38 special, and I am looking to find a place where I can test fire home-defense ammunition. I know this is probably a long-shot, but if there is anyone out there in the North AL/Central TN area that knows of a good field with a dirt mound or some place that I can safely (and legally) fire my gun, please feel free to respond. (My understanding is that you can't fire defense ammo at a range, though someone can correct me if I'm wrong..?) And/or, if anyone out there has any other general suggestions, please feel free as well.

Thanks for your time, and thanks for reading!

·
Registered
962 Posts
welcome jedi knight to this fabulous forum im sure all your ?'s will be answered. and if not use your force to reap the answers u desire

·
Banned
414 Posts

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum - As for your question on home defense ammo, I would refer you to calling some local ranges and asking about their requirements and the specific type of ammo you want to use. I have shot my personal defense ammo at several ranges over the years and it has never been an issue - but I never went out of the way to bring it to anyone's attention either....

JD

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the responses so far :)

btw, I just realized what a lame pun I was using when I said "long shot" in my OP. Get it - "long shot"...guns...har har har

1 - 6 of 6 Posts