Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, newb here. My wife and I are getting our Ohio CCW soon. We are not exactly sportsmen or firearm enthusiasts, but want to make educated pistol purchases after receiving our permit. I'm basically here to glean as much information as possible to learn about firearms and the pistols we plan to purchase soon.

I'm looking forward to chatting with many of you!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Howdy neighbor... Clermont County here. Iv'e been here a while, and still learning from everybody on the forum.. Hope you stick around after you get the info you are looking for. See if your Wife might like to sign up..we need more Ladies here.. :)

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Hello folks, newb here. My wife and I are getting our Ohio CCW soon. We are not exactly sportsmen or firearm enthusiasts, but want to make educated pistol purchases ...
Newly-minted "full" citizens, at last. Good choice. (And, hopefully your state will get to the point they acknowledge it's a revenue scheme that doesn't really filter out the violent felons anyway, ditching the whole CHL/CCW permissions thing.)

If you haven't already done so, definitely get to a couple of "rental" ranges where you can try out a large number of different sidearms. It'll give you a good idea of how the grips fit your hands, whether you can operate the controls easily and do things like rack the slide and swap magazines easily, and how the balance is while firing. Most guns can feel quite different from one another. (Myself, for example, I generally shoot much better with sidearms that have more heft to them, and where more of the weight is balanced a bit forward of the hands. The larger CZ 75-series pistols do nicely, in this regard, balance-wise. But everyone's different as to what feels "right" while firing a gun.)

Welcome to the forum. Jump right in. Plenty to talk about.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Welcome from Northern Ohio. Toledo area.. Check out Towers Armory in Oregon. Large selection of rentals and plenty to purchase. Tell them PeeJay send ya

·
Registered
66 Posts
Youngstown, There's a Fin Feather Fur store on Rt 224 (north side) just east of Rt 7, March 6 & 7 is the Niles gun show at old K-mart in the Eastwood Mall complex.

·
Administrator
1,259 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: m_ridzon

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hello from Kentucky.

Reactions: m_ridzon
1 - 14 of 14 Posts