Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy all!

New to the site, semi-newb to guns in general. My father was a living encyclopedia on guns, and the man could shoot, but as he's been gone for a while to that great Range in the sky, all I have are the few memories. Some of which being at the range with an extremely-heavy bolt-action .22 rifle (heavy to my 7ish-yr-old frame) with a sticky firing pin that had to be pulled back for each shot.

Lols.

I'm interested in learning a good bit about rifles and handguns, as I plan on owning one/some of each.

So, yeah, Looking forward to venturing around the community a little bit, lurking here and there.

:D

*Edit*

Oh yeah, I'm mainly going to use the guns for target/plinking. I'd like to be able to nail a can down at what seem to me to be very long distances, but I'm no pro nor claim to be. Just a guy who wants to get some target practice in and see how far down the range I can nail a soda-can. I'm thinking that a "varmint shooter" would be more accurate than a .22LR, buuuuuut I'm also gonna guess they're more expensive, so I'm kinda looking for a compromise (I've heard .22 Hornet is good).
Anyhoo, thanks :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hey! Another Tenesseean!

allmons here hailing you from East Tennessee!

Howdy, neighbor!

Welcome aboard the best firearms site on the web. Hey, feel free to ask questions and talk it up with your new friends here.

Anything I can do to help, you just let me know.

;)

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from the Pacific Northwest. I think you will find this site very friendly and stocked full of knowledge that all are willing to share.

JD

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts