New Zavasta N PAP M70

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by chloeshooter, Mar 19, 2014.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I don't know if we are going to see a run on eastern bloc stuff but I saw an AK that appeals to me at a really good price (for these days) and decided to jump on it $529 + tax. It was down to this or a WASR 10. The NPAPS were better built in every aspect I could see when handling several of each

My understanding is Century buys these from Serbia and adds a nicer Tapco trigger. For wood models they take an existing synthetic stock then remove it. The wood furniture they add looks like pure crap to me. I really have not seen many wood variants that I have liked these days so why not leave well enough alone?

Also I'd like to see if an under folder conversion is available for this. Anybody know of any?

Attached Files:

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Good job man. The N-pap is a great AK. It's hard to beat a quality built AK from Zastava.

If you want a folding stock, may I suggest the Chinese side folder? One of the best folding stocks out there, a little expensive tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I like the look of the side and underfolders....but........not the feel so much.

4. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

wrap the butt plate with 550 cord as a makeshift buttpad it works and if done right looks good too

5. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

+1 on the 550 cord. Makes all the difference in the world.

6. MCalig

MCalig New Member

Plain and simple:The rifle seen in the pictures you posted is based on the Zastava M70 B3(but with an AKM trunnion.The B3 was designed with a fixed stock.Anyway:It's all about the receiver.If you want to switch to an underfolder, you have three options:
    1)To buy the receiver of a AB3 and replace the B3 receiver.The AB3 is the underfolder version of the B3.It should fit perfectly.
    2)To modify the receiver and the rear trunnion of the B3 and by drilling the the openings to mount the underfolding buttstock on it(pretty complicated)
    3)Buy a AB3 which has a "native" underlfolding buttstock.Upgrade it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Thanks. I came to the conclusion that if I want an underfolder I need to buy an underfolder. I'm going to leave this one alone, as I really like the adjustable stock despite it's lack of AK 'cool factor'

8. MCalig

MCalig New Member

Good and wise choice.I suggest you to stick to the M70 variants-I suggest you the AB2(underfolder) or the B1(fixed)...they're the best and good for customization;).

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Price check?

Would anyone consider a new unfired wood-stocked M70 for $600+tax?

10. MCalig

MCalig New Member

Sounds interesting.
    I have some questions:
    -What version of the M70 are we talking about?Can you post some pictures?
    -What's the producton/manufacture year?
    -How did you get the rifle(Where did you purchase it?Are you the first-hand owner?Do you know the rifle's story?)

Please...send us more info and some pictures.

Thank you in advance,

11. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

My apologies. I don't have it for sale. I mistyped the post and made it look like a WTS, but only wanted to see if others would consider it a good buy for the price.

12. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I just picked up an M70 under folder today
    .[​IMG]
    I'll have to report back after I get a chance to shoot it.

13. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

THIS is an awesum looking rifle. Had an all-synthetic underfolder been available the day I bought mine I would have gone that route

14. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

Can anybody tell me if the Magpul AK mags will work in a Centyry Arms M70 AB2 Folding Semi-Auto Rifle, Cal. 7.62x39mm?

I don't see why they wouldn't but I was just wanted to know before buying some. The rifle has a stamped receiver not a milled one.

How about the Magpul replacement AK handle?
    http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG523/39

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  15. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

FYI the Magpul mags do work well in this rifle. I also installed the Magpul grip. It is a great improvement over the one that came on the rifle.
    [​IMG]

16. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I need to pick up some para cord and wrap the stock like you did.

17. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I went with the same Magpul grip on the AR...
    [​IMG]

18. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I added some paracord to my folding stock today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I ran into one minor snag with the paracord on the right side. I couldn't take the safety off with the stock folded.
    [​IMG]
    I ended up leaving a gap in the paracord for the selector.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]