Firearms Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and hope to learn a lot from here as I'm relatively new to firearms too. A little bit about me:

I've been a real estate appraiser in New York for 10 years, an insurance inspector for 3 months. I've loved weapons since I was a child, I shot my first weapon when I was 11 - an AK-47 - upstate New York camping with my friends. I've been clay shooting in Indiana, and crossbow shooting as well. But what really sparked my interest was a recent trip, as an insurance inspector, to the East Hampton Maidstone Gun Club. What a great place, they've got a 100 and 200 yard rifle range, two skeet and trap fields, a sporting clays and 5-stand field, a 50 and 100ft outdoor pistol range, target archery rang, and a 50ft indoor pistol range (and by the way, they've taken safety to the next level with 15-20 ft berms, safety signage everywhere, and gate closing mechanisms preventing shooters from entering the firing range during firing). I will be applying for membership in the near future, and that's why I signed up here. I really need to learn about firearms, so hopefully I've come to the right place. Well thanks for havin me

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
The gun club sounds like a nice outfit -- I hope you enjoy it. Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Finding a nice gun club is great, it sure sounds like the one you are joining has a nice facility.

Welcome to the forum btw! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts