New York AG Seeks to Dissolve The NRA

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Constitutional carry. The 2A as written.
    You nor I can legally carry the weapon of our choice. Only what our betters havent unconstitutionally banned.
    You cant carry full auto unless you jump through the gov hoops and probably not then.
    You are restricted where you can carry.
    What you can carry.
    How you may carry it.
    Some states how much ammo you gun will hold.
    I could go on. But you get the picture.
    No state in the nation has genuine constitutional carry. Not yours. Not mine. No state.

2. Ghost1958

Did here too. But I looked it up . Your permit law changed for conceal carry in 2016 . Open you didnt need a permit for but there were some in city out of city regs.
    Ky had open carry with the legislature banned by the state constitution from regulating open carry.

3. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

Well, I have never wanted to carry a freaking machine gun and I am darned glad every redneck (or hill Jake) with an attitude can't. And I have no problem with not carrying in a courthouse or post office. But those are about the only restrictions we have here ... at least that matter a whit to me. But the NRA doesn't have diddly squat to do with it here and never has.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  4. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

We got state-issued CCW permits in 2016 for those who want them for reciprocity in other states, but they are optional and concealed carry is fine without one and always has been.

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

i've been a member of the NRA since 1960.

Totally disagree: The NRA is corrupt alright. Members of the board of directors were compromised by Wayne Lapierre who awarded lucrative contracts to about one-fourth of board members. The NRA board at the insistence of La Pierre, voted 33-32 to silence it's members, who no longer have any input into the running of the organization.

At last years NRA Convention, the NRA President LTC Oliver North blew the whistle on the shenanigans of Wayne La Pierre and his cabal. Draft dodger La Pierre called Oliver North a "traitor". That action by North and a vote by the board to back La Pierre ignited a crap storm that led to the resignation of eight honest board members.

i'm well aware of the fact that hardly anyone on gun boards ever read any damn thing. Most simply don't stay informed about corruption in the premier gun rights organization.

Why do you think the NRA is not running political ads in an election year? Answer: The NRA is broke due to a lawsuit against Ackermann-McQueen, the NRA public relations firm for nearly 30 years. Among other things, Ack-Mac acted as a pass through agency for lavish spending by NRA executives. Ack-Mac blew the whistle on those executives after the lawsuit was filed.

The NRA borrowed five million dollars from the NRA Foundation to make a payment on a loan. The don't have the money to reimburse the NRA Foundation.

Wayne La Pierre has paid a shyster lawyer and his law firm over 100 million dollars. Turns out the lawyer is a long time supporter of Democrat anti-gunners including Hillary Clinton.

This piece came out in Ammoland in early July, 2019 but few NRA members ever bothered to read it:

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/****-storm-todays-nra-heads-need-to-roll/#axzz6UcJ1BQyB

Wayne La Pierre has accomplished what the anti-gunners could not: The crippling of the NRA from within.

primer1, towboater and Mercator like this.
  6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Too use the tree analogy, trees sway in a wind, there is a tangible benefit to moving with the wind.

The Republicans just get repeatedly bent. :eek:

The real problem is the R's appear to enjoy it. :p. :(

towboater and alsaqr like this.
  7. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

This is sad news indeed. Thank you. Like most, I was unaware of all of this. Looks like the NRA has been infiltrated by the deep state just like every agency, just like the book "The Unseen Hand" illustrates. The book may be the conspiratorial view of world history, but it is one conspiracy that is VERY REAL.

alsaqr likes this.
  8. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

And the D's enjoy a perpetual colonoscopy by the extreme left. :p:(

9. Gatoragn

Trading background checks on private sales for over the counter sales of suppressors is an example of give and get.

So far all gun owners have done is give.

alsaqr likes this.
  10. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

I wonder: if citizens offered to give up their right to legal counsel and a public jury trial, what folks would offer in return?

"Give and get" -- a fool's hope. "They" will never accede to any such thing. As you point out, it's always give, give, give. As though liberties can be erased on a whim.

In truth, they're only given up when we cease exercising them.

Like the liberty run an organization for lobbying or whatever. If it's got corrupt act and actors, go after 'em, absolutely. But that hardly authorizes shutting down of a company because of some abuses by some there. This attorney's got a bee so far in her bonnet it's poking out her backside ... and showing her true agenda.

primer1 likes this.
  11. Gatoragn

Therefore, give up nothing is the best outcome we can hope for.

towboater likes this.
  12. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Yes it was more than a pretext. I stand corrected. In fact right after posting here I read the cover story in the WSJ with a huge catalog of Wayne’s world. Lapierre’s relatives flew the corporate jet in his absence, he was reimbursed on personal expenses, and etc. So much the worse. Maybe it goes bankrupt and reconstitutes under a new “ownership”. We need it.

From another angle here is (another) reminder why tax free non-profits should seize to exist. Pay taxes, and report to no one but your own. Makes it much harder to get away with stealing too.

alsaqr, ellis36 and Gatoragn like this.
  13. Ghost1958

Ok. Not sure why they would have an enhanced permit just for other states when most states it makes no difference .
    But hey you live there.

14. alsaqr

Not surprisingly the state of New York has the most stringent regulations in the US when it comes to non-profits. But the New York agency overseeing non profits does distribute a booklet on compliance.

The NRA should have hired a non-profit compliance officer with authority to ensure compliance. However, that would have impeded the plundering of the organization.

i've perused the annual IRS 990 reports and the CHAR 500 reports submitted by the NRA. It appears the NRA did over charge the NRA Foundation in recent years.

Everyone here is familiar with the adage "you can't make this stuff up". That applies to the law firm the NRA hired. Lawyer William Brewer has been reprimanded for attempting to influence a jury, reprimanded by a federal judge, and a bunch of other stuff. As previously stated William Brewer is a supporter of numerous infamous anti-gunners, including Hillary Clinton.

Brewer is the son-in-law of the now deceased CEO of the agency the NRA is suing Ackerman-McQueen, Angus McQueen. Brewer is the brother-in law of the present CEO of Ackerman McQueen. :p:p

15. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Give up nothing. And protect it with our very lives.

I'm hopefully it'll eventually be that all the would-be destroyers get eliminated. But it's going to be a long fight, ugly, and likely extremely bloody, before all's said and done. I don't think they'll release their death-grip on the reins of control that easily. It'll have to be ripped from their cold hands.

Time will tell.

And time's ticking.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  16. Ghost1958

According to the history of concealed carry in Idaho until 2016 you did have to have a shall issue permit to cc .
    And an " enhanced " one to carry out of state.

You did not have to have a permit to open carry.

Permitless carry was passed in Idaho in 2016.

17. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I’d say corrupt elite as opposed to the deep state. Not sure the deep star actually exists, but am damned certain that the corrupt elite do.

primer1 and ellis36 like this.
  18. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You’re right on the history. And, I still have my CCW card, as it lets me shorten the paperwork and wait, when i buy guns. I kind of liked when they were required. It made person to person sales much more comfortable.

Now I have to call a buddy who is the lead dispatcher/jailer, and ask him if he would sell a gun to so and so. After twenty years, he knows who has been through the jail, and for what.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  19. Ghost1958

I still have my ccdw as well. But just because it hasn't expired yet.

Only benefit to it is if buying a gun from a dealer there is no BC .

Far as selling a gun all I legally need know is that the person is a ky resident.

20. alsaqr