New York AG Seeks to Dissolve The NRA

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Why did the NRA stay incorporated in New York? Was it a political stand-your-ground decision or mere negligence?

2. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

I've often wondered that.

A bit like why firearms manufacturers have remained in states like IL and CT, for example.

Sure makes you scratch your head.

Should have all moved to Texas or Kansas, or another similar state, years ago.

3. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

The NRA has made me angry for more than 30 years.

And Charlton Heston played an anti gun Chimpanzee in the terrible Planet of the Apes remake in 2001.

Wayne LaPierre needs to go!

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Been an NRA member since 1960. i don't want to see the organization go away. i would resume my contributions if WLP and his cronies would go away.

This action by the New York AG is not a civil lawsuit. It's a "you got caught with your pants down" compliance violation thing. Wayne La Pierre and his cronies, the actuary committee, the board members, some past board members etc. have already been deposed. The attorney general has their answers to the tough questions. Now it's near time for the lawyers to argue before the judge.

Is anyone here not aware of what precipitated this NRA dumpster fire?

After a crooked nearly 30 year relationship with Ackerman-McQueen, the NRA public relations contractor, WLP abruptly fired the agency and sued same; hiring a disrepute lawyer who had been barred from practicing before two courts. That law firm cost the NRA 24 million dollars in 10-11 months. Earlier this year La Pierre stated that lawsuits had cost the NRA 100 million dollars.

Ackerman-McQueen acted as a pass through agency funneling millions of dollars in charges by WLP and his cronies to the NRA for payment.

It all blew to hades at the NRA Convention in April, 2019. NRA President LTC North blew the whistle on Wayne La Pierre and his cronies. This caught the attention of the NY attorney general who began an investigation. Oliver North is referred to Dissident 1 in the Summons.

This action could have been prevented had the NRA board of directors fired La Pierre, Powell, Frazer and Phillips at the convention.

In the unlikely event that anyone wants to peruse the Summons, i recommend starting on page 165:

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/summons_and_complaint_1.pdf

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  5. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

You do realise the NAGR out spends the NRA in actual lobbying many years.

That NAGR was responsible of getting so called constitutional carry passed in most states including my own while the NRA did little to nothing.

The faster the NRA dies the faster more gun owners support actual pro 2A orgs instead of the finger in the wind NRA.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  6. Mercator

If you read carefully, the NAGR was reported to have outspent the NRA in one year on one particular project. The year was 2013. If you ignore the details because they spoil a good statement, help is always near :)

I for one have no particular problem with the NAGR. You can be a member of both in good faith. I do agree with the NRA on limited BG checks. I do not consider the other side to be idiots, they are just naive and bound to lose. If you are forgetting why, wait for the next mass shooting.

Why do you think they are going after the NRA, the “softer” of the two. Not because it’s corrupt, that’s the pretext. It is because the NRA is dangerous to their cause, and most effective. They will ignore the fringe. They’d rather have the NAGR to fight against, it’s easy.

locutus likes this.
  7. Ghost1958

That's your opinion and of course your welcome to it.

History speaks another tale of the NRA.
    They have supported as much infringement as they have opposed.

The 2A prohibits any background checks or any other limits on the RTKABA.

Those who support the NRA usually do support some type of infringement such as limited BC for example.

The NRA has always taken a softer stance than the other major gun rights orgs. That's just historical fact.

8. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

The NRA is the last bastion protecting our 2nd amendment. Other than US. And for us to do it means violence. For those taking a hard line against any regulation of firearms, well, a branch that will not bend ... breaks.

locutus and Mercator like this.
  9. Ghost1958

What it hits. The 2A leaves no room for bending, swaying, bowing or crawling.

It also does not exist in this nation anywhere anymore because of " bending " by the NRA and moderates.

We aren't fighting to protect the 2A . It's already been taken. We are or a least some of us are fighting to reclaim it.

10. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

So what, exactly, do you propose to do to reclaim it? I mean aside from shooting down the only organiztion with any success in protecting it?

locutus likes this.
  11. Ghost1958

Getting rid of the NRA which calls for and backs as much infringement as it opposes, and clearing the field for hardcore gun right orgs to act without the NRAs being in the way.
    The NRA supported the two biggest 2A infringements in the nation's history.
    They should have been tossed over board then.

12. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

Well, so far all I see is a lot of bluster, all hat and no cattle. :):rolleyes: Just very strong sentiments (which I happen to agree with) but very little action.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    locutus likes this.
  13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

But some folks just can't understand that concept. It's their way or the highway.

14. Mercator

S
    Same with the GOP. Let's just tell it to pound sand, and vote John Burch. That'll teach em commies a lesson :)

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  15. Ghost1958

Maybe because you arent looking?

Ky got permitless cc not because of the NRA. They came in a couple years before with a bill that traded fol signage, expanded no carry zones etc for permitless carry. They lied thru their teeth about that bill but got caught, and ky gun owners raised so much sand it never got out bnb of commitee.

Who pushed permitless cc thru in ky? The NAGR. The NRA was nowhere to be found because the bill that passed didnt include their signature FOL signage.

NAGR is responsible for alot of states going to permitless cc. The NRA? Their latest claim to fame is calling for bump stocks to be banned.

Sooner they go under the better off we are.

16. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

Of course I'm not looking at KY. Why should I? I don't live in KY. We have had Constitutional carry here for as long as I can remember. We don't need anyone to sign off on it, we have never had to have it "pushed through", it doesn't rely on the NRA or have anything to do with the NRA. We have always had it. All we need here is the Constitution.

17. Ghost1958

You don't have constitutional carry now . Doesnt matter what state you live in. That's the problem . Many are so sheeped up they dont even know what constitutional carry is.

Permitless concealed carry? Maybe .
    Ky had open carry since statehood with nothing required. And folks carried concealed anyway though they were supposed to get a permit. Now for several years we need nothing to carry however.
    But we like you and everyone else in this nation isnt in the ballpark of having constitutional carry.

18. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

OK, please explain the difference between permitless open and/or concealed carry (as in both) based on the Constitution and Constitutional carry.

19. Ghost1958

Not very old huh? Idaho got permitless carry in 2016.
    With some restrictions concerning in city limits or outside city limits based on age.

https://isp.idaho.gov/bci/concealed...eapons License,license will be made available.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  20. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member

Gee, that must explain why everybody I knew here was doing so (both open and concealed) clear back in 1970 with law enforcement knowing full well.