New York A1157, New York Micro-Stamping Legislation Passes Assembly Committee

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, May 5, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Pulled from ammoland. Start emailing and snail to your NY Reps now!

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/05/05/new-york-micro-stamping-legislation-passes-assembly-committee/

On May 3, Assembly Bill 1157 passed in the Assembly Codes Committee by a vote of 15 to 7 and will now head to the Assembly floor for consideration.

Introduced by state Assemblyman Michelle Schimel (D-16), A1157 would mandate micro-stamping on all new semi-automatic pistols sold in New York after January 1, 2013.

A1157 would require all semi-automatic pistols delivered to any licensed firearms dealer in New York for sale after January 1, 2013, to mechanically stamp an alpha-numeric or geometric code that would identify the make, model and serial number onto the cartridge case when the gun is discharged.

This bill would require models currently available to be redesigned by their manufacturers to have a micro-stamping component, which would vastly increase the cost of these firearms.

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

That's not going to happen. What will happen is no manufacturer is going to sell guns in NY, creating a de facto ban. Sucks to be a NY'er as there legislature is completely out of control.

Write them all you want they will ignore you. The only way they will be curtailed is through the courts. I'd like the NRA and GOA to make a hardline stand and drag NY to the Supreme Court and get 2A settled once and for all. :cool:

3. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Like dog said, there will be no manufacture willing to comply to that law. There are few manufactures willing to comply with the current laws as is. Its the same in MA.

[​IMG]

4. bkt

bkt New Member

Exactly right.

They have been for some time, now. Yes, it sucks to be a New Yorker.

Wishful thinking.

5. bkt

bkt New Member

It's the freaks in New York City who call the shots for the whole state. New York serves as an example why the Electoral College is a really good idea.

6. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Didn't the Governator from the Peoples' Яepublik of Kalifornia sign a similar bill concerning the firing pin microstamping? I believe that's correct but so far, it hasn't been "enacted" yet...nor will it ever be. I remember reading the letters from some major gun manufacturers that stated that their products would no longer be sold there because they were not going to retool their factories for just one state's market.

7. opaww

opaww New Member

The manufacturers need to do like Ronnie Barrett does when a state bans or restricts his product. That being not sell anything to anyone in that state even LEA's

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Somehow I don't think Bloomberg and his cronies in NYC would give a damn. Hell, they had no problem issuing the new taxi contract to Nissan, who will manufacture them in Mexico ... nothing like supporting US business :rolleyes:

9. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

This just made my day...if this makes it all the way through, I'll be paying through my arse for my practice shells over the summer......sweet.

I'm just gonna stay in Missouri after school lol

10. badbob85037

badbob85037 New Member

gun bans are about power and money

I'm sure most of you when in need of a good laugh go up to the Brady Center to prevent Gun Violence to see which weapon is now the one favored by criminals and terrorist. The Brady's don't stretch the truth. They lie and do it a lot, what ever it takes to spread fear.

The only thing that will save you from the 200 grain, ceramic, hollow core, cop killing, rocket propelled, bullet comming out the end of a semi auto plastic, assualt, Saturday Night Special, pocket cannon, the weapon of choise of both criminals and terrorist is Sarah. But time is short and your large donation is the only thing that will make sure she is there to save you. James must have his name in the Guiness book cause no one has been a victim as long as he.

A non profit organization? Sarah rakes off the top, the last time I heard $900,000 a year. Her husband, Side Show pulls in five grand every time he tells a group how worthless his life is. If their con revolved around anything buy firearms they would have been jailed years ago.

The laws they get passed have always had murder rates skyrocket. They are as guilty as the one pulling the trigger. They know that but lose no sleep over it.

The gun ban in DC shot that city to murder capital. So bad was it the authorities didn't only rob the citizens of their Second Amendment but now their 4th with illegal search trying to curve the murder rate. Where are the elected officals? Out trying to ban more guns. Like the Bradys only it is power they crave.

What really showed the terminator's tree stump mentality was siging that bill that was latter found unconstitutional on the sale of ammunition saying how everyone would be so much safer. That same day California released tens of thousands of felons from the prisons due to over crowding.

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Does functional, realistic micro stamping even exist yet?

12. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

That's the truth for sure. Old Sarah herself used to coach her anti-gun debaters. Sarah told them to call the pro-gun debater a racist if that person was winning the debate. The Brady bunch is a totally scummy oiutfit.

13. jap30

jap30 New Member

Dead on arrival

I don't think this is going to pass. I emailed my Assemblyman, ironically he received a Grade F by the NRA, who said that he was going to vote against the legislation because Micro-Stamping is not yet a proven technology and a crime fighting tool. I do believe that at some point some crazy legislation will be seriously considered, but it looks like for the near future we are ok.

14. badbob85037

badbob85037 New Member

Remember the hoop la with ceramic bullets. The rumors flew it was a cop killing armor piercing bullet from Hell. It turned out to be as useless as the Congressmen wanting it banned. When it comes to criminals the only group that even comes close to Congress is the United Nations. That includes any Federal Prison.