New Year's Resolutions anybody?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Dec 30, 2011.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

I resolve to lose weight, hopefully to get back down to 200 pounds (currently about 230 at 6'1"ish). It is more about composition than weight to me; i'm too frequently full of it.

I resolve to post more on-topic threads with pictures and fewer legal/political threads on this forum.

I resolve to pursue a job change to get me back in the edumacational field.

In order to facilitate some of these other changes, i am making it a goal to party primarily only on weekends and holidays.

I also resolve to get more target practice; i would like to burn at least two boxes of center-fire ammo per week, minimum.

2. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Do they have to be new resolution? Cause you stole my first one, losing weight. I'm at 200 lb and been stuck here for most of a year. Grrr...

I resolve to reach 180 lb this year.

I resolve to be careful not to revive old threads.

I resolve to make my X-ring less safe than it has been!!!

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

My goal for this year is to get in better shape and eat better, im not ''fat'' but it can defenitly be better. And to add a new 12guage and atleat two more handguns to my collection. And stock up on more ammo.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Here goes

Quit smoking
    Lose some weight (I'm at 220ish, 5'11", and while I don't look very fat, I actually have a pretty small frame and about 175ish is where I need to be)
    Want to work out and actually get a little buff, but I'm not calling that a resolution.
    Treat my wife and son better
    Finish my schooling OR get the internship in Alaska, and get a damn job! A real one, no more of this odd job bull crap! Raking leaves, fixing cars, and painting trim, that crap is getting old real fast.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

You do makeup or tattoos? Or is it that "permanent makeup"?
    :D

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Decades ago, I resolved to never make New Years resolutions. I have faithfully lived up to that resolution and am very proud of myself.

Happy New Year!

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Talking about helping people with painting on their houses! Lol

8. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

[​IMG]

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I quit smoking in '04.
    Quit dip in August.
    Quit drinking in '04
    Went back to college (where I am now)
    Went Paleo 6 weeks now, no grains legumes and dairy (lost over 30lbs so far)

I'm sick of quitting!!!!!!!! I need to resolve to do something bad for once.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Vandalize something. Even if its just toilet papering someones yard.

11. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'm at a regimented academy, they'd kick me out for something like that. Still tempting though. :D

12. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Lose weight.
    Join army.
    Be a better son.
    Buy a truck.
    Buy an ak.
    Get to the range atleast once a week.
    Pretty cheezy but it enouph to keep me busy..bein cheezy aint easy

13. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Hmmm... Do you think that resolution from decades ago breaks that vow "to never make New Years resolutions."? :) j/k Congratulations! I hope I can faithfully live up to mine too... (Now where did that last slice of pizza go...)

14. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Do less fishing and more catching....

15. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

.....travel........

16. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Get my elusive IH M1 Garand... And to continue my quest to find all the calibers for my Medusa... :sigh:

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Lose weight (about 50 lbs. Why does every bit of fat on be end up on my belly?)
    Get my Associate's of Science degree (or at least get dang close)
    Buy at least 1 gun every other month (Yugo 24/47 Mauser, AK-47, Marlin XL7, Remington 870, SKS, Ruger Vaquero) if I'm lucky :D.

18. CGO

CGO New Member

My resolution is to stop worrying so much.
    I worry so much that I make myself sick at times. My main worry is if the breast cancer comes back and throws my life into turmoil again.

19. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Fat accumulation on the belly indicates insulin resistant fat. It's also a precursor of type 2 diabetes. It means your body has become and/r is becoming insulin resistant. Sugar, carbs, high fructose corn syrup, and lack of sleep all contribute. The good news is, you can knock it back down, I just lost over 30 lbs and still dropping. I wish you the best of luck in 2012!!!!

20. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Broke everyone. Why try for another? :rolleyes: