New XDS45

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by mahall, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

I believe I found the perfect CCW gun $510 out the door! I bought golden saber 230g HP for her! Hope she eats that stuff well! Glade to be part of the family!!

2. scubadvr

scubadvr New Member

Congrats! You'll love this little hand cannon!

3. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't say it is perfect but I will say it is my favorite CCW. Congrats...:)

4. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

I love mine and its ate everything I've put thru it.... my favorite ccw

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

looks like a fine choice :)

6. mahall

mahall New Member

Definitely not a range gun, that you shoot a ton of ammo through often! My groups were decent and I'm confident it/I would stop a threat if warranted! The extended mag gives a much pleasurable shooting experience, overall for what I bought it for, I am pleased

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Check if it is under the recent recall. No big deal if it is.

8. mahall

mahall New Member

It's post recall made! Unless Springfield has came out with a new recall recently!

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Then you're gtg. The smallest flattest 45 semiauto, with the possible exception of the Kahr. But better trigger I think. Used to be my carry.

10. mahall

mahall New Member

Yes ! I'm going to try to carry it with the extended mag! Makes It a little bigger but no thicker! The thinnest is what I was really searching for! Plus it gives me 2 more rounds and much more pleasant to shoot!

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats Mahall.

I'm just curious how many times your "perfect" concealed carry piece is gonna change. I seem to remember the LCP was in your life. Then maybe a G26. You sang its praises for awhile. Then nixed it. Then went to the G19. Just saw you spouting off about how perfect IT is a few days ago in a revolver thread. Now this.

Anyway, I honestly hope you have decided whether size of the gun or capacity or caliber is the most important thing to you in a concealed carry firearm.

Congrats on the purchase. I hope you enjoy it.

:)

_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

12. mahall

mahall New Member

This is not a Glock thread, so I will not elaborate to much on Glock, except for the fact I still own and believe the G19 is the best overall gun to own for multiple reason! But it's not ideal for Carry like the the XDs is in my opinion! The LCP, Is a great pocket gun but better suited for quick trips to the grocery store and not everyday carry! The g26 has that double stack thickness that We all wish was a little thinner for comfort! The XDs fits that single stack thickness mold that is perfect for carry in my opinion! That doesn't mean I don't like or carry other guns! But purely for carry size, coupled with the power of 45 makes it perfect to carry for me! The m&p shield is a close second in virtually the same mold!!
    I know nobody has ever experimented with many guns, thinking they found the "perfect gun"only to find the "new perfect gun" down the road??

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  13. mahall

mahall New Member

But thank you for your concern on me finding perfect bliss in my gun purchases/choices!

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

Oh I'm not concerned. I legitimately hope you've found the right balance. If not, its not a big deal because you're contributing to the gun market.

_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

15. mahall

mahall New Member

I'll do my share! Down the road you will probably hear me rave about new and different stuff! Doesn't our newest purchase always seem to be the best? Until we do it all over again!

16. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

It's ok to experiment with the carry pieces. Heck, I even tried a X2100 rig with a 6" Model 29 for a while. Not so good!
    And I also hope that every gun that anyone buys, tickles there fancy in some way.

My BIL has brought his XDs 45 over several times, . I like it.

17. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Heck I think I went thru 5 different guns for CC before I got my xds

18. mahall

mahall New Member

And probably with each purchase, you thought you found the right gun for a time!

19. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Of course... lol don't we all

20. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

I just installed a laserlyte RSL on my xds any one else have this set up?

More people armed, less crime...
    Less people armed, more crime...
    you can't have both!! ( Ted Nugent)