New XDS

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by RecklessRegard, Jan 17, 2012.

1. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

2. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Yep, not available yet. I can't wait, though!!

Although I'm still a Kahr guy. My PM45 is roughly the same size as the proposed XDS and I like its trigger a bit better for a carry gun.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

4. fins59

fins59 New Member

Been debating on what I need for a cc. Now I gotta wait till I can lay my hands on one of these.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

only thing i dont like is the 5 round mag. i think they could have engineered 2 more rounds in there. colt did it with the new agent/defender guns. based on the xdm its going to be a fantastic shooter!!

6. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Dang I just got the xdm 45 compact how will I convince my wife to let me get this.

7. fins59

fins59 New Member

Buy her a new toy too.

8. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

No, tell her its her toy. That's how I'm going to finagle a new Kahr P9!! "Oh, honey, can I carry your gun today?"

9. fins59

fins59 New Member

"Tell her it's her toy." Lol. Mine's after a 1911 for valentines day, ( that's what she said She wanted ) so if I get her that, maybe then I can arrange an XDs for me when they release em.

10. BullseyePrecision

That might work I hope

11. JimA

JimA New Member

I really like my XDms in 9 and .45, but I carry a Khar because it's so much smaller. I wll definately have a look at this new XDs...
    It seems kind of heavy for size, if the specs are correct. My Kahr is about 9 ounces lighter. That isn't a deal breaker to me though, as I find thickness the deciding factor in inside waistband comfort.

12. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

FINALLY! I've been hoping for single stack XD's for quite a while. This will be my next must have.

Here is a video from the Shot Show: Nutnfancy interviewing Rob Latham act the XDs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW9p-MRE4pE&feature=digest_thu]Rob Leatham XDS .45 Compact: NUTNFANCY SHOT 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

13. JimA

JimA New Member

Cool video... I guess I'll probably have to have one when they become available. I wish I could get 'em free like Rob!:)

14. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Do not tell her. If I told my wife about every weapons purchase I buy I would not the collection I have now. But she does have a VERY nice collection of Black Hills gold jewelry to make up for it.;)

15. BullseyePrecision

When I purchase a nice big gun safe and we build a new hous that may be an option until then the house is to small to oull that off