New XDm in .45 ACP

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by SGT_Calle, Jan 24, 2010.

1. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I hear that Springfield is actually going to release a new .45 XDm. Apparently this rumor has gone around for some time but now it looks like a go (according to some SHOT show pics I've seen).
    I was planning on buying a .45 compact but may just wait to see how the XDm looks (no to mention I'm having trouble finding one that I want). I usually carry a XD .40 service model so I like the medium size.
    Anyone as excited as I am?

Attached Files:

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Not sure what the big deal is myself. My XD .45 Compact is about the perfect poly weapon. If I want match grade in a .45 - I'll use one of my 1911s...

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Great! Just what I need....another 45....I love my XD, this WILL be in my future.

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I don't think I'll want one, but it's about time!! Where's the XDM subs???

5. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I'm with you MGIB. I'm just having a hard time finding a XD compact bi-tone that is green or brown. I can't help but think when the XDm comes out it will be easier for me to find exactly what I want. I think I'd still rather have the compact but they seem to be pretty scarce. Any suggestions?

6. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

SA definitely will release the XDM45 as I just purchased the XDM40. That tends to be my luck. Now how to convince the wife that I need to get a second one?

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Don't tell her! Just don't take both of them out of the safe at the same time. [​IMG]

8. KenCal

KenCal New Member

I shot the XD and S&W M&P today in .40 and .45. I liked the XD45 best of the four. I was planning on making this my next purchase, but I've read so many good thins about the XDm (particularly in .40). I think I'm going to wait for the XDm in .45 before making my final decision.

Any idea when this release is scheduled?

9. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I don't think it's "scheduled" at all. Maybe they'll announce something by summer, who knows?

10. zhuk

zhuk New Member

I would be excited if .45 was legal here lol

But I would kill for the chance to get a 5" XDm. Not holding my breath though :rolleyes:

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Yeah, I don't get the hysteria over the (M) thing. Buy a good ole' XD45 and buy ammo...or a holster...or different sights...or a different trigger. Jeepers. :confused:

12. Hey-you-guys

Hey-you-guys New Member

Regular XD .45 shot good enough for me. Besides, when a zombie is looking down the barrel, you think he will care if it's match-grade or not?

13. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I was planning on getting a XD45 Tactical but if the XDm45 does come out guess I will have to buy one also.That sucks I was trying to save for my kids college funds.:rolleyes:

14. singleshot

singleshot New Member

I own a XDm and a XD SC, both 9mm, and I really can't see much difference in how they shoot. Both do great! I carry the SC and keep the M in a gun safe.

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You can keep your 9 mike-mike all day. The thread is about the promised XDM .45. Where is it? I dunno, you? :cool:

16. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Am I the only one who cannot stand the Springfield Armory websites.

"get your hand on one soon...visit the-m-factor.com" and you go there and find absolutely nothing about an XDM 45.:rolleyes:

And why I'm venting about Springfield Armory, am I the only one who thinks a XDM 3.8 with a full size grip is the stupidest thing ever? If you want to make a smaller gun, make the grip smaller too so the gun will conceal better.

17. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I guess you could call me a Springfield fanboy now that i have two of their 1911's.
    I am kind of excited about the XDM45, but I think my next pistol will be a regular XD .45.

18. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

I didn't get the XDM 3.8 compact pistol slide on a full sized frame concept either? I would have rather seen a XDM45 introduced before going the compact route on a match pistol design.

19. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

You do have a very good point about the 3.8 on a full size frame. I also have a problem with the Springfield site. Not to change the subject from the XD, but I was looking for information on there new Micro Compact 1911 and did not find anything about the pistol.

What good is it to go to the web site to get information when there is none there? Sorry had to put my 2cents in.

20. bigbrother6810

bigbrother6810 New Member

3.8 vs full size

Gents I believe the 3.8 barrel is more for balance than conceal ability. I have the XD9sc and My best mate has the XD40 service model. For me the two conceal the same. I would much rather have the full size handle.

As for the XDm in 45 we have to be patient. I am sure they will have more information on the website soon.

As consumers we tend to be a bit frantic in this industry.

For me the biggest improvement to the gun is the sights upgrade.