New xd

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by ballistix45, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

What do you guys think about the new xds?!?

2. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

Awesome. Except not the 5+1 round capacity. They could've at least made it 7.

3. jrags

jrags New Member

Looking at all the videos from shot show 2012, this looks to be a very promising pistol, especially for CCW and pocket carry.

Maybe not a very good replacement for a Glock 19 due to its low capacity, but it should be very nice alternative to the pocket revolvers, like a Ruger LCR since they are limited in capacity too, but with the bigger power of the .45 ACP. Also only slightly heavier than a LCR in .357 magnum.

4. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

The drawback I have the single stack capacity, I enjoy the XD line very much (I have a XD & XD-M) and would purchase another one in a heartbeat. When I have the time and money and the LGS has the XD-S in stock I may go rent one and take it for a test drive and see where my stand point is then.

5. jrags

jrags New Member

The website is xdspistol.com by the way. Anyone hear of any pricing?

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

im sure its a good shooter but seriously... 5+1?!?!??!??? better off with a small 357 snub revolver.

i was really excited about it as i simply love the xdm line but the capacity issue sinks the boat for me. my colt new agent has 7+1 and can utilize full size mags.

i would think that springfield coulda spent a little more time in magazine development and squeezed 2 more shots in the mag.

7. jrags

jrags New Member

Most snub nose revolvers have a capacity of 5 rounds in the cylinder. Just check out the specs on the Ruger LCR in .38 or .357. I would say the XD-S has the edge on this one because you can have 5 in the mag plus one in the chamber.